O2 sensors

Cubster

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the O2 sensors are, the car is not running very good, code says o2. thanks

You have 2, unless you have OBD2. They have 2 before the cats, and 2 after.

Unless you meant that you have 3 cats.

The O2 sensors are in front of the 2 smaller cats.

Beware of the driver side o2. that one in a real pain to get to.You have to get under the car to do it.(lift preferred) Also replace them in pairs. A guy had complained to me once that the dealer had replace the o2 and he still had a problem. they replaced one side and the computer through another code for the same side. they could not figure it out. It was sad but funny. So do yourself a favor and replace the left and the right side.

There is a guy named Pintoman351 that has been selling sets of 4 (2front/2rear) O2 sensors for $70.00 shipped.

I just ordered 2 sets today via Paypal so I can't speak for the quality, or if he even ships them.LOL.

They are NTK OEM 4 prong wires and for $70/set, you can't go wrong.

Here is a link to the thread on Corral.

Here is his Paypal email: 78pinto @ sympatico.ca

He only has 5 sets left so jump now. Hopefully we don't all get ripped off but a couple of guys left some good feedback.:eek:

P.S. If your a Gen 1 guy, he only has 1 set left for the fronts @ $50.00 shipped.

If you have a 96-98 OBD2 Mark, you don't really need to replace the back two 02 sensors, as they don't affect the air/fuel ratio or performance at all.

95LSC32V said:
If you have a 96-98 OBD2 Mark, you don't really need to replace the back two 02 sensors, as they don't affect the air/fuel ratio or performance at all.

Which may be true.

But....
#1. For $20 extra bucks why not have the spares?
#2. Those rear o2's tell the computer if the cat is working properly. As the cat ages, the rear o2's will start switching almost as fast as the fronts. Poof. Code thrown. Time for a new cat.

So, what they hay, for $20 change all the damn O2 sensors and be done with it on a OBDII. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back