I'm lost

MerkinMan

New LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 ls v6, car will run at 2200 rpms until reaching normal operating temp then stall out. Was happening intermittently now can barely get it to start. Getting codes p0180 and p0193, have replaced the fuel pump, filter and fuel rail pressure sensor(twice). Also getting pending codes P0113, P0123, p0708 and p1289.

I'm thinking intake manifold leak. It runs good while the cold enrichment is going, but leans out after warm. If you can keep it running after warm, try spraying carb cleaner ot propane around the manifold to see if it suddenly runs better.

I'm thinking intake manifold leak. It runs good while the cold enrichment is going, but leans out after warm. If you can keep it running after warm, try spraying carb cleaner ot propane around the manifold to see if it suddenly runs better.
Did you even look the codes up?
They are all electrical in nature.
How is an electrical fault with the transmission range switch caused by a vacuum leak? Same question for nearly all the other codes...

Just going by the symptoms, I would have suspected the PCV elbow hose deep in the bowels of the block top. But after Joe's input, I guess that's not a valid guess. Also, is that high idle speed due to the problem or is it something you are commanding with the throttle? Because a huge intake leak like this hose going bad would max out the idle speed in a similar manner to the idle air control valve.

Did this happen ovenight... or did the car sit for a long time during winter. I would suspect a nest of tiny 4 legged critters might be the culprit.

Seems like it was the IAC valve. Replaced it today and it's been running no problem. Now the only code I'm getting is p1401

..... Or not. I drove about 50 miles turned it off, then tried to start it 2 hours later and it's stalling out again. Getting codes P0113, P0123, p0180, p0193, p1120 and p01401. Also pending codes p0133, p0401 and p0452.

You probably moved the harness a little when you replaced the IAC. You need to inspect/test/troubleshoot to find the electrical problem.

I just did a draw test with my multimeter on amps and have a draw of 1.93-2.04. Pulled every fuse one by one and didn't see a significant change on any of them

I just did a draw test with my multimeter on amps and have a draw of 1.93-2.04. Pulled every fuse one by one and didn't see a significant change on any of them

There are fuses under the hood, in the cabin on the front passenger kick panel, and in the trunk by the battery. When you say every fuse, do you really mean every fuse in all three fuse boxes? If so, that mostly just leaves the alternator as a suspect for the drain, but that wouldn't explain the other problems. Are you waiting thirty minutes between changing/touching anything for the car to go back to sleep?
What have you done to hunt for the problem that is likely in the engine wiring harness? (A drain test isn't going to help you find that issue.)

I did hit all 3 fuse boxes. Didn't wait 30 minutes, didn't know I needed to. I have inspected most the visible wires under the hood, one clip had oil in it I cleaned out but wires all looked good

Members online

No members online now.
Back