THX Subs

The foam surrounds rotted out on all four (two LSes) of mine, one by one and some time ago. This has probably happened to you too.

The foam surrounds rotted out on all four (two LSes) of mine, one by one and some time ago. This has probably happened to you too.
Ya thats probably it, how hard is it to take em out and check?

Ya thats probably it, how hard is it to take em out and check?

Way more of a pain than you would expect. They are screwed in from the top, so a lot of trim has to come out. (You may be able to see them enough to tell without removing them, just by removing the cover in the trunk.)

s6x~us~en~file=a0060281.gif~gen~ref.gif

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

yeah the job sucks, pulling the parcel shelf to access hardware like Joe said. Which I think requires pulling the C-pillars.

I have the same problem. I looked at the workshop manual and found that speaker diagram shown, but didn't find how to pull the package shelf.

Found this:

I have the same problem. I looked at the workshop manual and found that speaker diagram shown, but didn't find how to pull the package shelf.

Found this:

No need to pull the package shelf, last night I played around with it and turns out all you half to do is just push on the front of the speaker grill and apply force towards the back of the car and it will just pop right up and then you can access all 4 screws for the bass and it just lifts right up.

No need to pull the package shelf, last night I played around with it and turns out all you half to do is just push on the front of the speaker grill and apply force towards the back of the car and it will just pop right up and then you can access all 4 screws for the bass and it just lifts right up.

The catch is that not all years have grills. My 06 has grills, but on my 04, they just fired through the cloth of the package shelf.

Found this:

The three links that I posted above (post number 4) have the full instructions for removing the package shelf. Did you not try them?

Members online

No members online now.
Back