Just some thoughts and an update

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas been a bit. Hope everyone's doing well during the pandemic.

This is sort of an update and a ramble. I'll start with an update:
I have had much success so far working with Torrie and tuning the LS to avoid the dreaded failsafe. Running 94 octane seems to please the car, so I've been sticking with that. It works.
I plan on going to the track in a few weeks when I get my breaks on. Gonna do the circuit. Hopefully next week.

My ramble about how wonderful the LS is:
The LS is actually quite amazing when you do work to it, provided you dont have my issue, and are willing to spend some $$
But I wanted to say, if cash was not a factor, doing these mods to an LS will transform it to a new car.

1) Coil-overs. Drop it 1" and stiffen it.
2) Stagger custom rims, 255F / 295R
3) Eaton Locker (with switch)
4) More HP (either super or motor swap). Tunes dont give you enough HP for this sedans weight. Even 2nd gen, 280hp not enough.

If you got this car to 400+hp, with that suspension mod, this thing will actually contend with new Beamers running M Package.

Some on here have said in the past its outdated and cant contend. BullS#!T. This car can corner with the right mods. Hell, all I did to mine was throw some Firehawk Indy500's on it with 245/45 on stock painted rims, and it IMMENSELY improved. But that body roll... that horrifying lincoln town car charmin toilet paper ninny ass grandma body roll from the stock shocks.. Thats gotta go. BIG TIME. Thats what kills this car from being performance.
Its not the lack of HP
Its not the 235mm tires (245 is good, do it on your stock rims, thank me later).
Its not the 5 speed tranny
Its not the cheap ass open diff

Its the damn shocks. Freaking murders the appeal of "Sport" in this thing. FORD is such a jack ass for putting these town car shocks on it.

Anyways, feel free to comment your thoughts, all opinions are welcome.

Nice rant. I am not hearing you on the body roll. Do you have a sport with 30mm front sway bar? Mine has 320K miles on it and it still rockets through the twisties with no noticeable roll. I can comfortably take this car at 70 mph on the same on ramp that my Subaru wrx with 25 mm sway bars front and rear has to get close to 60 or under to get through. The LS is one fine car for sure! Rock on!

Nice rant. I am not hearing you on the body roll. Do you have a sport with 30mm front sway bar? Mine has 320K miles on it and it still rockets through the twisties with no noticeable roll. I can comfortably take this car at 70 mph on the same on ramp that my Subaru wrx with 25 mm sway bars front and rear has to get close to 60 or under to get through. The LS is one fine car for sure! Rock on!

Mine is a 04 sport.
Ok, maybe I'm a little harsh on the shocks. Over exaggerated. But they should have been stiffer. Drive a M package beamer or a JCP Mini. Those corner properly and will hurt your ass running over a pebble.

I test drove the 2018 Mustang GT. Ford did everything right except 2 things: 1) Bad tuning. As always. And 2) Shocks still too soft.
You want to feel the road, feel it on your ass. That's the meaning the sport. Once you drive a car with a proper track suspension, you get back into the LS and it's soft. Just soft.
Doesn't help my brother in law as a 2013 1m (m package).

That's sort of why I wrote this up. The LS actually IS damn good. You just gotta put a couple thousand into it. Anyone to say the LS can't keep up, is out of their mind. If I had the right cash, I'd prove it. I'd nurburg the LS with those mods, get a timeslip better than M3's. =D

Members online

No members online now.
Back