booster calibration

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So i do the calibrations and one is interesting the brake booster you can here the slap of the booster and pedal reason im defining is i notice the program taking up my slack in the pedal to booster but it only last for a short time like im wondering if i have a bad bite on the mechanism that adjusts the system havnt been able to get my brakes done im not loosing any fluid ... thought i had it with the calibration tools but after a short time it returns to soft pedal mush ....im looking at diagrams for the booster and system and wondering if im missing a piece or a pin that locks it into place

flashing traction control light solved by simply running
- Calibrate Yaw Rate / Lateral Acceleration Sensor
- Calibrate Brake Booster / Steering Angle Sensor

I might be headed in the wrong direction here...I'm not there to actually see your LS... but if your car has a problem with the vacuum brake booster check valve... and if the problem increases ...air bubbles will progressively move down the brake lines and to the brakes themselves. In this case...the air that is supposed to be removed by the check valve enters the master cylinder and then into the brake lines.... This causes a reduction of pressure inside the brake lines and can cause the brakes to be applied softly..... While driving it will feel as if the brake pedal is spongy... however...the brakes will also take longer to stop the vehicle...I have found the Lincoln LS has a softer feeling brake than some other cars I drove...by far softer than my wife's Ford Edge and our Ford Mustang ...I noticed when I put Full synthetic Brake fluid in the LSE and bled the brakes after replacing all four Calipers and Pads shortly after purchasing it ...the brakes were considerably firmer but needless to say these brakes are softer than most cars in my opinion ...I have come accustomed to them in weird sort of way and actually enjoy the way the car eases into a stoplight/sign ...unlight out Ford edge where I have to remember to be light with the brake pedal because it grabs a bit to strong for my liking

not seeing any fine bubbles and the forscan abs bleed tool doesnt work not getting any errors for abs at present...ive changed the booster with no changes and the master with no changes ive seen only 1 manual attempt to bleed an abs unit with a hand pump but not the LS there is also a vid where they check the two lines other than the lines going to each wheel what may be called proportioning valves they describe that the unit can be determined bad if there is too much travel in the valves when activated but i dont see a proceedure for the ls

Bleed the brakes fully (all four wheels). Drive to a dirt road and nail the brakes a few times, triggering the ABS.
Go back and bleed them all four again. Repeat a few times and the air in the ABS system should be gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back