No cold air

dtools

LVC Member
Reaction score
Read quite of the older threads, but..
2005 V8 - when car is cold, air works OK - when car is hot, it blows warm air thru vents.
Both front seats do get cold (while vents blow warm air). Did the DATC MOdule Self-Test and I get only code 1265 (ignore this one per manual). Any thoughts please ??

Do you hear a "click" under the hood when turning on the A/C?

If not... then the compressor clutch is not kicking in. Most likely due to low refrigerant level in the system.

You probably have a leak somewhere.

Do you mean AC works "ok" as in perfectly fine or do you mean "only ok"? If you mean works perfectly and gets icy, then it sounds like the AC part works fine and warms up when the engine coolant warms and wrongly gets sent to the heater core. It's most frequently the dccv with a failed solenoid, but could be the datc itself. The dccv is more likely if its blowing two different temps between left and right despite being set the same

The dccv is a dual valve that modulates coolant flow to the dual heater core. This replaces the traditional blend door (not to be confused with the 4 vent mode doors)

The seats are independent. Each seat has its own fan and its own heating/cooling peltier module

I just got done fixing the same problem on my 2005 LS V8 Ulitmate, it IS the DCCV for sure, but only replace it with a genuine Motor craft part, aftermarket cooling parts on these "pain in the ass" cars don't last long at all.

Members online

Back