2005 V6 LS Engine Cooling Problems

whoops

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Driving around yesterday I noticed a faint sound like a fan was working overtime and I happened to look at the water temp gauge and it was way too hot. Pulled over, and snapped these pics while letting it cool down. Rolled it to a shop this morning and the mechanic said it was a dealer only part. After doing some google searches, I think the hose is: KM4741. But I'm not sure and I can't find a good diagram of the V6 engine to confirm. Pics attached

Part: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...8149c/motorcraft-radiator-hose/km4741/4486831

20200313_192958.jpg

20200313_212402.jpg

20200313_212409.jpg

Not sure of any changes on the gen 1 to gen 2 V6s but that hose is available on rockauto.com, at least it was for my 2000, a few years ago. The price was phenomenal. Last time I checked, it was going for around $30 USD.

Yeah rock auto is great. I even used it as a part lookup and cross-reference back when I was a counterperson

Hahahahaha! I just came across your thread started a couple of weeks ago. Same part, same problem - and from what I can tell from the picture - you've had "created" the same cause. (Just bought this hose from Ford Parts for around $60.) Don't want to be too dramatic but follow my post/thread under "Wish Me Luck". Here's a hint: Check your under/attached to hood insulation and see if you can find a small tear. Also, have you had trouble closing your hood lately or adjusted the hood closing stops?

Members online

No members online now.
Back