MK VIII suspension answer needed asap

Braindead

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an oportunity to purchase the shell of a Thunderburp SC, basically they gutted the engine, transmission, and interior. The reason I am looking into buying it is because ever since I replaced the front air bags in my Mark, the tail just slowly dropped over the next weeks until it sat on the snubbers where it remains until the end of road salt season. But that will not happen if I cannot either trick the car into raising the rear, or install real springs in it. I was hoping to use the rear lower control arms and springs from the SC, and as an added bonus, get a PROPER wheel bolt pattern ! Unfortunately the car needs to be gone in a couple of days, does anyone know if the springs sit in a removable spring pocket or is it integral to the control arm ?
Are the control arms even interchangeable ?
What about the differential ?
One of the arms on the SC is broken, so I will have to buy another control arm if the spring pocket is not removable.

The Super Coupe is the same bolt pattern as the M8, unless they previously did a hub swap.
Changing the front air bags would not affect the rear air bags. I would find the leak and fix it vs. changing out the rear suspension.

You already did the expensive front bags just do the cheap and easy to replace rear bags

The Super Coupe is the same bolt pattern as the M8, unless they previously did a hub swap.
Changing the front air bags would not affect the rear air bags. I would find the leak and fix it vs. changing out the rear suspension.
Nothing wrong with rear airbags or with the compressor. It refuses to pump the rear up to ride height. I know there are ways to "trick" it into raising it, but that is not a cure, just a bandaid fix.
I was going to switch to steel springs anyways, it is just forcing the issue. That is why I was asking if the Super Coupe control arms have integral spring pockets or if they are removable.
I guess I will have to pass on buying it. I have until tomorrow morning to decide.
I appreciate the replies, you guys are pretty awesome. But I was hoping for an answer to the question.

Members online

No members online now.
Back