2002 V8 LSE

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If some of you remember I bought an 2002 LSE v8 with the Reverse gear totally out of order...Just wondering if anyone knows why I have no Transmission codes showing on Forscan and my Transmission ( E ) symbol light is not illuminated? Much appreciated for any answers!

Because your problem is not one that the self diagnostics monitors for? Not all mechanical problems are detectable with the limited number of sensors used.

If some of you remember I bought an 2002 LSE v8 with the Reverse gear totally out of order...Just wondering if anyone knows why I have no Transmission codes showing on Forscan and my Transmission ( E ) symbol light is not illuminated? Much appreciated for any answers!
That's exactly how mine did. No codes, no warning lights just had no reverse and had some harsh shifting in the typical gears but replacing my valve body and solenoid pack seemed to be the trick.

That's exactly how mine did. No codes, no warning lights just had no reverse and had some harsh shifting in the typical gears but replacing my valve body and solenoid pack seemed to be the trick.
Good to know that is exactly what this car is doing...has a hard time shifting when the car is at about 50 mph to 60mph once it gets past 60 it drives good

I'm thinking that it could be shifting hard because it has a misfire on cylinder 1 and cylinder 4 ...finally going to have time tonight to change our cops and plugs ...between work, wife and daughter I haven't been able to even touch it also have to figure out how I'm going to fix the moon roof

Good news...I changed out the COP's and plugs and the LSE is purring like a kitten ...shifting flawlessly through the entire gears ...making a plan to get the reverse fixed now that I know the engine is solid...the Plugs that were removed tonight looked like they were burnt to a crisp..all new NGK G force platinum Gapped .101 this motor is fast!

Good news...I changed out the COP's and plugs and the LSE is purring like a kitten ...shifting flawlessly through the entire gears ...making a plan to get the reverse fixed now that I know the engine is solid...the Plugs that were removed tonight looked like they were burnt to a crisp..all new NGK G force platinum Gapped .101 this motor is fast!
I thinkI need to do that this weekend

Had to flush out DeX Cool ...the previous owner wasn't a Ford man obviously....:)
20190904_192445.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back