2001 clock

55CrownVic

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Kind of a nit-picky problem but the clock on my 01 V8 gains time. If the car was as fast as the clock it would be a world beater. Anyone have any ideas on adj the time? Base radio with cd player in glove box. Ben

Kind of a nit-picky problem but the clock on my 01 V8 gains time. If the car was as fast as the clock it would be a world beater. Anyone have any ideas on adj the time? Base radio with cd player in glove box. Ben
Have you ever read the car codes with a code reader? I would use something like ForScan to see what errors you might have. I have never heard of that problem but I will assume there will be some kinda codes in the computer. Otherwise I am thinking something might be wrong with radio itself or a computer issue.

Have you tried taking off the negative battery cable and allowing the car to reset everything back to factory...kinda like rebooting a computer if you will....if nothing changes you will have to take further steps and invest in Forscan like Dale said...good luck

Have you tried taking off the negative battery cable and allowing the car to reset everything back to factory...kinda like rebooting a computer if you will....if nothing changes you will have to take further steps and invest in Forscan like Dale said...good luck
If he has a scanner like ForScan or access to such a scanner I would try to read codes before doing so. But for my ELM coder reader it was the best $15 or so I have ever spent on my LS. I need to find the correct bluetooth one to use with ForScan app as well. I had bought a wireless one but it was a pile of junk as it would not ever do anything with any phones I tried it on or any computers.

DaleGrib,
I purchased a ELM/WiFi version and found out by chance that with my Sun shields in the windshield and side windows that the device works flawlessly. In my area, (Cherry Hill, NJ 08002),
there is a lot of WiFi signals that were interfering with my WiFi connection to the ODB device.
I believe that I have what you might call a 'Faraday cage' inside the car.

DaleGrib,
I purchased a ELM/WiFi version and found out by chance that with my Sun shields in the windshield and side windows that the device works flawlessly. In my area, (Cherry Hill, NJ 08002),
there is a lot of WiFi signals that were interfering with my WiFi connection to the ODB device.
I believe that I have what you might call a 'Faraday cage' inside the car.
Not at all the problem it connects to the internet but it will not connect to my computer or phones. The device is just junk and that happens with some of the ELM models out there if you are not careful. There is a lot of good ones out there and bad ones. I just want to get a bluetooth one next time and it likely won't be a problem. The wired ones work the best anyway but it's nice to have one on the go if you don't have a computer with you.

Disconnecting battery has no effect. Clock has been like this for several years. Getting everything working now and want to fix clock if possible. Will use my Son's Forscan tomorrow and see if it has anything for clock. May just be bad crystal or timing circuit.

Disconnecting battery has no effect. Clock has been like this for several years. Getting everything working now and want to fix clock if possible. Will use my Son's Forscan tomorrow and see if it has anything for clock. May just be bad crystal or timing circuit.
I would think it would show something in forscan like some type of audio code if something is wrong with the radio. Does anyone know in the LS if can you swap a OEM radio from the junk yard without having to program it? I have never tried as I still have my Stock radio and it works perfect. I would think ForScan could program though if it needed it.

No, there won't be any code for this.
Yes, you can swap radios with no programming required.

my 2000 v6 gains time (base radio with cd changer in trunk). it was only like a minute per week though. how much is your gain?
to me the reason was all the driving I did approaching the speed of light. time-dilation.

...to me the reason was all the driving I did approaching the speed of light. time-dilation.

It works the other way around. The faster you go, the slower you experience time. Your clock would be slow, not fast.

my 2000 v6 gains time (base radio with cd changer in trunk). it was only like a minute per week though. how much is your gain?
to me the reason was all the driving I did approaching the speed of light. time-dilation.
Mine is flaky. It used to gain about 15 minutes a week. After setting the time multiple times in one day, it now gains about 2 minutes a week. Close enough. Joe is right about time slowing down with speed. One of the Apollo astronauts is a friend of mine and I'm sure he looked younger after he returned from a trip to the moon and back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back