Splash shield under engine

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of my splash shield getting pulled off if I drive too far forward when parking and it ends up on the curb or a parking stop. I really don't want to put it on again. I doubt there'll be any big consequences? Is anyone else out there driving without the engine splash shield?

Dirt on the components. Some cars are designed so it aids aerodynamics. Curbs are a pita. Imagine if you had a vette.

Dirt on the components. Some cars are designed so it aids aerodynamics. Curbs are a pita. Imagine if you had a vette.

I suspect that it probably does have a minor effect on the mileage. It may also slightly reduce cooling at speed, since it will alter airflow.

Mostly, I think that if won't make enough difference for you to notice, mostly. The one big thing that does come to mind... If there is some shredded tire in the road (I come across that a lot around here), and your tire hits it and throws it up, it might go up into the accessory belt and throw it off.

Sounds like the mounting holes are ripped open... It shouldn't be falling off at all. If the mounting points were perfectly fine before your curb incidents, a replacement splash shield won't do much good for too long before they get ripped again on another curb though

there is always the options of stop pulling up so far forward, its not really that large of a vehicle.

I'm getting tired of my splash shield getting pulled off if I drive too far forward when parking and it ends up on the curb or a parking stop. I really don't want to put it on again. I doubt there'll be any big consequences? Is anyone else out there driving without the engine splash shield?
It also happened to me with my 97 Towncar, but I put it back thus it is a "SPLASH SHIELD" and it have the benefit to shield rain water on the road, specially when you hit some road areas with 1, 2 or more inches of water deep splashed into the engine compartment and wet the serpentine drive belt..

I removed mine from my 01V6LS no problems, I believe it actually runs cooler, not that much dirt gets on things.

Members online

Back