Strutmasters Coilovers

I checked the Strutmaster website and it is showing air suspension conversion under the LS category. If nothing else, it is worth a call for clarification.

SBC is fairly notorious for listing all kinds of products on their site that do not fit the intended application.

I would be very skeptical of the air system or those coilovers. The air system is probably just a generic kit that would need custom work to make it fit properly.

And those aren't coilovers; you can't adjust the height independent of the spring/dampener.

And those aren't coilovers; you can't adjust the height independent of the spring/dampener.

Agreed. The fact that someone even had a listing is what intrigued me. Once I found the discrepancy between the websites, it made all of it(including the images) questionable.

Bump- came across these today for $600 instead of piecing it all together with Bilstein and front jag springs.. I wanted to replace my rear springs to but cant find a cheap oem replacement? They said these maintain stock ride height. Waiting on a callback..
2003-2006 Lincoln LS 4 Wheel Air Suspension Conversion Kit (FD24F) - Strutmasters

Edit- $660 to door total. 1yr warranty on shocks. Apparently a little stiffer then sport..

Last edited:
interested in hearing how this works out

interested in hearing how this works out

Might just try it out.. overhauling the suspenion in the next week or 2. Ive had Bilstein before and would go B6 for the 500 total I think it is but would rather have new matching springs. Mounts an isolators included and assembled.. last time I got a complete assembly it was from Monroe and despite everyone not liking them it honestly was pretty decent. I assume because I had 200k on the originals and the new springs really helped out with brake dive.

They work just fine. Didnt believe how much noise I was getting on 17 year old stock sport until I put the set on beginning of this year. My mechanic said he was surprised they used such high quality monroe strut (eibach springs).

Last edited:
Are those the same monroes that are in the quick struts which are like 200?
The work just fine. Didnt believe how much noise I was getting on 17 year old stock sport until I put the set on beginning of this year. My mechanic said he was surprised they used such high quality monroe strut (eibach springs).

1yr warranty on shocks.

The Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty. That alone should speak to the difference in quality between the Bilsteins and Monroes.

I am very suspect of SM's advertising. The LS is not a Town Car or Continental. I'm not gonna do the homework,,, but it would be interesting to see what Monroe part # SM is using for the LS shocks... and see if it actually crosses over to the LS.

Then there's also the old saying.... "you get what you pay for".

Strutmasters business is converting air cars to non. The internet blaster ads crossover. The Lincoln LS in their product parts specific do not talk air. I can't tell you what monroe it is, but is built for strutmaster use only - at least according to them. Kind of makes sense, some difference that is not mass marketed so they know warranty scammers instantly.

I have a top notch mechanic, and if he is impressed with a part, well, you should be too. He won't touch parts if they are not OEM or better - which most of my buys have been.

Rears yes.... Fronts no. Same answer for both Gen LS.

The front lower spring perch plates are smaller on the LS than on the Jag... whereas the Jag uses the ssme plates on all 4 corners...

And the Bilstein Jag shock tubes are a different size... So the LS perches won't fit.the Bilstein.

Members online

No members online now.
Back