Lincoln LS A/C Question......?

thebigguy1

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Lincoln .LS V8 .....love it! However I am having one issue with it..... The AC compressor will not come, would not for some time, though everything else about the statement was functional. I was told the compressor was bad and probably needed to be replaced. And lo and behold after a few months it starts working and cooling just fine...... I did notice that one side of the vents blow slightly cool, and the drivers side very cold. My question is can it be possible that the DCCV Valve can be the culprit and keep the AC compressor from functioning normally? As I said, now it does really cool, moreso on one side..... Thanks!

Was the clutch on the compressor engaging before? The DCCV can't/won't keep the clutch from engaging, unless it blows the fuse that powers both the DCCV and the AC clutch.

I assume that when you say the compressor wouldn't come on but everything was okay that you mean the clutch wouldn't engage but that someone verified the refrigerant pressure was at least 50 PSI. That would be a bad air gap adjustment of the clutch.

You really are leaving out too many details to help here.

The typical DCCV problem is for it to apply full heat to one or both sides. The compressor still runs, but the heater produces way more heat than the AC can remove, so it seems like the AC isn't running.

Low refrigerant will also cause more cooling on one side than the other. If it's low refrigerant, it will always be more cooling on the driver's side than the passenger's side.

Was the clutch on the compressor engaging before? The DCCV can't/won't keep the clutch from engaging, unless it blows the fuse that powers both the DCCV and the AC clutch.

I assume that when you say the compressor wouldn't come on but everything was okay that you mean the clutch wouldn't engage but that someone verified the refrigerant pressure was at least 50 PSI. That would be a bad air gap adjustment of the clutch.

The typical DCCV problem is for it to apply full heat to one or both sides. The compressor still runs, but the heater produces way more heat than the AC can remove, so it seems like the AC isn't running.

Low refrigerant will also cause more cooling on one side than the other. If it's low refrigerant, it will always be more cooling on the driver's side than the passenger's side.

Thank you for the reply. As far as the details go here is the information I do have. The refrigerant refrigerant is at 50 psi and up to specs. At the one instance where everything was working and I wasn't getting any cooling, I looked under the car and saw the compressor was not running. It was at that time I was told I needed a compressor. Now all the sudden it started working again and everything is Cooling, checked under the car and compressor is engaged and functioning. t I suspect more than likely I may have a bad DCCV valve and I was in the dark about whether that valve would cause the compressor to not engage so thank you for answering that question for me, I will have the rest of the system rechecked.

Members online

No members online now.
Back