Fuel gauge issue plz help

HMass1

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 02 Lincoln ls v8 was neglected by the previous owners and I've been fixing it up. I notice that if I drive half a mile the gauge will read it as a mile or more. The fuel pump, fuel pump relay and fuel filter have all been changed and still the same issue. Any help would be appreciated

I assume you mean the Distance to Empty drops at a different rate than miles driven? DTE is an estimate based on your recent driving history. If you drive a lot of highway miles, it will estimate a high range. If you idle a lot and hit traffic, it will estimate a lower range.

If you drive on the highway for a while, then do local/traffic driving, the DTE will drop faster than your miles actually driven because its still trying to estimate range based on your highway consumption

Now I see there was a duplicate thread and joegr gave a more detailed answer. :$

I assume you mean the Distance to Empty drops at a different rate than miles driven? DTE is an estimate based on your recent driving history. If you drive a lot of highway miles, it will estimate a high range. If you idle a lot and hit traffic, it will estimate a lower range.

If you drive on the highway for a while, then do local/traffic driving, the DTE will drop faster than your miles actually driven because its still trying to estimate range based on your highway consumption
Thank u for your reply none the less I thought I had a serious issue at first lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back