Hello! Checking in, Been a While.

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I last posted. I have been lurking every now and then though, I see some have moved on, some new faces, and glad to see some that are still here. I see not much has changed over in Cadillac town lol, dead over there to say the least. I tried keeping it alive but as you all know this is a predominately Lincoln community, not that it's a bad thing ;). Speaking of Cadillac, both of mine are doing well. Still have that tired old CTS and loving the DTS more and more each day. CTS is at 212K now although it doesn't get driven much at all anymore. DTS is at 117K which means I have put 30K on it! How is everyone and their cars doing? Anyone get any new cars since I was last active? I look forward to hearing from you guys, just like old times! :D

...And here they are!
IMG_4058.JPG

Well hopefully I'll be upgrading the performance on my InTech within the next couple years. I have a decent plan on how to go about doing that, and already have a good guesstimate as to what it will cost. Lol our cars are not cheap! There not suppose to be :)

Then I want to finish up some "minor" body work on the car. Lastly I will get a new set of wheels I'm looking at Mach Wheels ME7's they are silver machined 7 spokes. I think they look really good.

First thing next spring hopefully I can get a new headliner installed.

Dude the paint on your car looks amazing with the paint correction you did! There is not one hair line mark on it.

To bad you don't live closer you can keep your DTS at my house for the winter!

I don't know if you ever go on Youtube or check out a channel called Carrols Custom Cadillac. By Tim Carroll.

He restores all Cadillacs of all years all the way up to the current models. He rebuilds Northstar's with his own special head studs that he produces. There was one Seville STS that he built with 500 HP. this car was from Oregon, it is black with black interior very sharp looking car. Carroll is from Texas.

Thank you! It is too bad we're not closer, It'd be neat to take pictures of both of our cars a white Lincoln and a white Cadillac lol. Ahhh yes I have heard of him and seen Tim Carroll's videos, pretty neat stuff. Can't wait to see the work you plan on putting into your Continental, and what you said about our cars not being cheap is so true! People ask me if they should buy a Cadillac, I often tell them no if they don't want to put time and money into fixing/maintaining it. People don't seem to understand that although it may only cost $5,000 it can't be treated as such, a luxury car is a luxury car regardless if it's 12 years old and $5,000 or $60,000 and brand new it's going to cost money to keep it on the road.

Yes a group photo would be awesome! Hopefully my performance plans go through within the next 4 or 5 years. I'd be very happy. I agree that our luxury cars need special attention, on the NorthStar it needs coolant changes close to every 25K or every season or so, if it gets neglect the car will tell the person driving! The AX4N trans on the Continentals need the trans fluid flushed every 15K miles or you will end up with a new transmission. Both of us look at these people who don't maintain things as they should with dumbfounded expressions. lol

My Dad bought a '97 Cadillac Eldorado back in December of '00. Soon after in April, 7th '01 he bought the Continental. He had two Detroit luxury cars! Rock on! The Eldorado had 63K on it, he bought it from a used car lot. Its a deep emerald green metallic color. Unfortunately I do not know the OEM name used. It has the green landau top. He took really good care of that car, I always washed and waxed it from top to bottom every weekend including winter. Sucks that it saw the salt I hated that part. Unfortunately at around 77K the engine started to leak oil, and the car was at the dealer Cole Valley Cadillac in Warren Ohio. I still have the receipt for the work performed they had replaced the oil level sensor, oil pan gasket, and manifold gaskets, crankcase to block seals. They also replaced the coolant recovery tank because there was a crack in it. Great part is my Dad bought a warranty when he bought the car. So total price for work performed was $3079.57. He only had to pay about $500.00!! Lol. He came out in the end ahead big time!
He ended up trading the car in on something else, I forget what vehicle came after....but the Eldorado's/NorthStar had 151,650 miles on it. Just goes to show that with proper maintenance those cars and any car for that matter will run forever. Wanted to share this story with you, and photos of the car in around '02.
Photobucket won't allow me to share, b/c of 3rd party hosting crap. Trying to figure this out. Will upload.

Last edited:

Members online

Back