Gen 2 IMRC function

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
98 LSC
After removing, thoroughly cleaning, and reassembling the imrc plates, I can watch the linkages on both banks open/close when I pull the throttle cable over/under 3200 rpms. When I use my xcal 2 LiveLink it gives different readings for bank 1 and 2. It looks like bank 2 is moving but not all the way open or closed. No CELs. It also tells me air flow is low- maxing out at @ 18 #/min with wot. The car is slow: 10 sec 0-60. Fuel pressure is also low. At idle there is some slack in bank 2 imrc cable, but the plates are closed completely.
----
anybody ever had a malfunctioning controller that only affected one side? or, maybe the electrical circuit/sensor at the IMRC motor/controller which tells the ECU where bank 2 is positioned is faulty , and so everything is out of whack (air flow etc)

I'm wondering about my controller on that too. When i rev my car in park I cant see it even try to move and I'm only getting the code for the passenger side

I'm wondering about my controller on that too. When i rev my car in park I cant see it even try to move and I'm only getting the code for the passenger side
sounds straight fwd...it's stuck...what year? remove IM and clean plates and secondary ports,, should resolve it

confirmed it tonight, the readings on my xcal 2 are inaccurate for bank 2 imrc position, when it's closed the ECU thinks it's partially open. i have to assume that when the ecu tells the xc2 that bank2 is not completely open, that's wrong also.
-----
so....next step is to try a different ecu and compare readings. Is it more likely a bad sensor from the imrc controller (only affecting bank 2) or is it more likely a faulty ecu? if it's not the ecu then I guess I get to troubleshoot/repair the controller :mad:
---
In the data capture loop below I was parked, revving the engine to monitor imrc's and manifold presure/vac.... the ecu thinks the car's moving, even though I was parked in the first half of the loop....another inaccuracy with the values
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWANo0yMMPM

sounds straight fwd...it's stuck...what year? remove IM and clean plates and secondary ports,, should resolve it

Heres the weird part. I can turn it by hand, its a little stiff but i can still get maybe a quarter or half turn

Members online

No members online now.
Back