Auto Headlight do not turn off

zero18

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 LS
my headlight come on during the day and stay on.
if I turn them off at the switch, they go off.
I am assuming its the sensor.
do not know where it is or what its called to order a new one

Center of the dash, near the base of the windshield. It's the assembly with the PATS light in it. It's not too difficult to change (pull the a-pillars off, lift off the center dash panel).
XW4Z-13A018-AA

2002 LS
How do you know they're on?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2002 LS
Is it raining?

Message center and odometer displays get very dim/hard to read. Same for the nav screen.
Yeah, I forgot about that. I run my lights all the time so I never see a difference.

I've replaced the sensor and switch multiples times on my '02, auto leaves the lights on all the time. Diagnostics say the next step is the gauge cluster.....

Just saying, might want to snag used parts from the junkyard for testing before giving the dealer money. And I've now got several sensors and switches laying around if you can't source any.

I've replaced the sensor and switch multiples times on my '02, auto leaves the lights on all the time. Diagnostics say the next step is the gauge cluster.....

Just saying, might want to snag used parts from the junkyard for testing before giving the dealer money. And I've now got several sensors and switches laying around if you can't source any.

Same here, I have replaced the sensor a couple times with used parts and did not get the system to work again.

Members online

Back