front lower cover of oil pan seems to be leaking 3.0 v6

randy02ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
front lower cover of oil pan seems to be leaking, I have retightened bolts and it reduced the leak for a while. I want to clean up and check this out closer but cover reads Do not remove! Has anyone dealt with this? Is ok to remove and reapply rtv or replace gasket? thanks for any help

oil pan.jpg

Mine has that leak,but I believe on mine it's the valve cover gasket. Maybe yours is that cover plate though?
One of these days I'll get to it. One thing is,I run synthetic oil to discourage ignition of the oil,plus it's just better oil. don-ohio :)^)

front lower cover of oil pan seems to be leaking, I have retightened bolts and it reduced the leak for a while. I want to clean up and check this out closer but cover reads Do not remove! Has anyone dealt with this? Is ok to remove and reapply rtv or replace gasket? thanks for any help

What is the birth date of your V6 LS?

Oh... I remember earlyish '00's had that sticker as Lincoln didn't want dealers to fix transmission failures. They wanted the transmissions replaced and sent back whole for diagnosis. Maybe they kept that program into '02...

He's talking OIL PAN here LS4me. don-ohio :)^)

Oh... I remember earlyish '00's had that sticker as Lincoln didn't want dealers to fix transmission failures. They wanted the transmissions replaced and sent back whole for diagnosis. Maybe they kept that program into '02...

Members online

Back