Parts Rant

SeaPro

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This car is impossible to find parts for. I broke my rear spring and have been looking for a new one for more than 6 months. I've been to every junkyard east of Quebec trying to find one. Ebay lists nothing (except a set of 4 used ones for about $650CND).

Ford will sell me a new one for just under $400 lol.

Really, I'm at the point where I either go Eibach or coilovers because going stock is pretty much the same price...

I love this car so much, but jesus ford went out of their way to make it a bitch to fix. It's cheaper to buy a junk car / beater for salvage lol.

#EndofRant

Ya, anyone reading this thinking about buying one be aware. I am chasing alot of the internals as discontinued. Some of my Gen 1 parts are ridiculous, selling a 30 dollar gear for 145 now just because they have them and can. Imagine what it will be like in canada and mexico with even less salvage units!

When it comes to springs, you're looking in the wrong place. Go to a spring shop. They should be able to fix you right up. Too bad you're in Kal and looking for a rear. I have a couple of fronts I'll never have any use for.

KS

The reason we are down to one LS... And don't know for how much longer. I need the trim piece that holds the two screws that hold on the driver's door panel. Still have to try a junk yard but I'm not holding out any hope!

This car is impossible to find parts for. I broke my rear spring and have been looking for a new one for more than 6 months. I've been to every junkyard east of Quebec trying to find one. Ebay lists nothing (except a set of 4 used ones for about $650CND).

Really, I'm at the point where I either go Eibach or coilovers because going stock is pretty much the same price...

I love this car so much, but jesus ford went out of their way to make it a bitch to fix. It's cheaper to buy a junk car / beater for salvage lol.

#EndofRant

Hey there, if you look on car-part.com, they have a massive network of used parts for these things. I am surrounded by actual parts salvage places that have multiple copies of what you need. I had eibachs all around but had to take the rears back to stock due to what I carry for tools. I believe I paid $75 or so for a pair, including the whole shocks and top hats. This was out of the northern Massachusetts area north of Boston. They ship, too.

Hey there, if you look on car-part.com, they have a massive network of used parts for these things. I am surrounded by actual parts salvage places that have multiple copies of what you need. I had eibachs all around but had to take the rears back to stock due to what I carry for tools. I believe I paid $75 or so for a pair, including the whole shocks and top hats. This was out of the northern Massachusetts area north of Boston. They ship, too.

I've looked on many sites and listing a part isn't actually having it! Many list that trim piece I need in stock yet none seem to actually have it. I'd be very appreciative if you could locate that trim piece I need.

LS broken trim.jpg

LS broken trim.jpg

#EndofRant

WTF? lol sorry I had too.

Dude I have a set of OEM springs left over since I swapped to eibachs. All four corners. You want them, they're yours at whatever reasonable price you want them for + shipping. Hit me up.

+ near Ottawa CDN another four all corners first Gen shocks in boxes in my basement. LOL

I got another lead on a brand new first Gen V8 never fired motor fully dressed, manifolds and starter included .... if your looking (out of near GTA). :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back