Who's running 3:73 or 3:90's in their Mark ?

squirell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to know what you guys are taching at hwy speeds (70-80) for both 3:73 and 3:90 gears

It's been about a month since I've drove mine but I use it as my DD and I have 4.10s I could drive on the highway at 60-65 with o/d on NO problem. Don't worry about rpm with a different rear end gear In a car with a overdrive transmission. Believe it or not your gonna get 3.73s and most likely be disappointed after about a week or two of being used to them. I went 4.10s felt my car get quicker then wished I would have went 4.30 or even 4.56 I know it sounds crazy but it is sooooo streetable with 4.10s. Idk what your goal for the car is, but mine is to make a quick street strip car. 3.73 is the highest gear I would even consider. The mark 8 is a heavy car. Personally I think you should go no less than 4.10. Most people that tell you not to go with 4.10s have never even had them.

I'm going off of memory but I want to say my rpm was roughly 2500ish rpms at about 60-65. Could be off a little bit like I said it's been a little bit since I've drove my car, I had to start taking it apart because it had worn out cam lobes on the passenger side intake and exhaust cams. I was getting 14 mpg in the city always driving the car spiritedly with the 4.10s with worn out valve train and oil on the spark plugs because it needed new valve cover gaskets. With a good running motor I don't see why 18 mpg in the city wouldn't be possible with the 4.10s

Thanks for the info guys,
I had 4:10's in my 12 second 95 Mark....I know how good they are on the street,
BUT....this is a daily driver that cruises 70 miles a day at 70 + MPH.
I still need to know what people are taching at these speeds with 3:73's and 3:90's

Members online

No members online now.
Back