Crankshaft Position Sensor - 2002 LS V8

golf18

LVC Member
Reaction score
My LS starts fine most of the time, but i'd say 1 out of 5 times it takes a long time to turn over (like 5-10 seconds) but eventually does.

Someone here suggested it could be the crankshaft position sensor.

I am looking around on here and the internet to try to figure out where it is on the 2002 v8. Has anyone here replaced this on an 02 v8 before?

Thanks

It's underneath somewhere. It can't be too hard, book time is 8/10 of an hour.

Update: I cleaned the under carriage of the car thoroughly at the car wash yesterday. So far, the starting issue is gone... Perhaps the contact points on the crank shaft sensor were dirty?

Update: I cleaned the under carriage of the car thoroughly at the car wash yesterday. So far, the starting issue is gone... Perhaps the contact points on the crank shaft sensor were dirty?

Was it just dirty or oil......I would still replace it

Was it just dirty or oil......I would still replace it

Whatever his problem is, it is very unlikely to have been the crankshaft position sensor. He would have had problems when the engine was running, not just starting it. He also would have check engine codes for it.

I wonder if golf18's car ever had the PCM reprogramming that was supposed to cure hard starting?

my 2002 ls v6 starts with no issues most of the time. However, there are times when it feels like a cylinder is misfiring. After a couple of minutes its fine. When I'm running with the AC on the car is fine until I'm at a red light. The car begins to knock over, again like a cylinder is misfiring. It is very subtle. There are times it happens ones or twice but there are times it becomes constant. I turn off the A/C and leave the fan on and the car is fine. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back