Remember the two door?

Maxx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A car was only cool with 2 doors. I know you new humans think four is cool but in the day there was only one car with four doors that was cool, and that was a 68/69 T-bird who had taken a page from the Lincolns of old and used suicide doors. It also had the 429 Thunderjet to back it up. The only people that put mags and pipes on a four door in those days were called something that would equal loser by today's standards. The LS would be totally cool with suicide doors.

Yes, I miss them. But then I also miss full size cars. What they call a full size today would be a compact in 1970.

Yes, I miss them. But then I also miss full size cars. What they call a full size today would be a compact in 1970.
yeah, but now our full sized cars get a little better than 10 MPG...

yeah, but now our full sized cars get a little better than 10 MPG...

Really? Had a 72 Skylark, pulled down 18MPG all day long with a TH350 and a carb. The interior on that car was slightly larger as I remember, but only by an inch or two (someone here has one of each and can give a positive size comparison). Also had a 72 Cutlass with a 455 and TH400, it only made 15MPG but it would smoke my LS like a cheap cigar. My old 79 GMC was good for 16MPG, my 2000 Silverado made around 18 when it was stock. I don't really see where comparable old cars to new cars were any better. I've always paid close attention to my mileage, because I've always paid close attention to all the performance characteristics of my cars and not just how fast or slow they are/were. My mileage statements were for when the cars were driven similarly to how I drive my LS now, not when I was dogging them out.

Mine was a black 69 Torino, not the fastback version, standard blue vinyl interior, bench seat with white Hurst ball. Called simply Cobra by Ford was a basic stripped down Fairlane with 428 CID. The only markings on the car beside the FORD on the hood, were two silver cobras one on each side and when I bought it in 1972 with 30000 miles I paid an astounding 1095.00 Like this one, but without the vinyl top. 69-Ford-Fairlane-Cobra.jpg

69-Ford-Fairlane-Cobra.jpg

My last two cars were two door. I've always liked the look of a large two door car, but they don't make a lot of those anymore. I considered a Mark VIII before I bought the LS, but I didn't have the time to wait until I found one in good condition.

DSC000181024x768.jpg

DSC001451024x768.jpg

When I bought my Grand Prix in 2002, it was considered midsize. Once they discontinued the Bonneville, it magically became fullsize. If you look at most of the rental places, what they charge as fullsize is simply ridiculous. They've created additional premium categories above fullsize so that they can charge more.

Members online

No members online now.
Back