No heat

zero18

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
just changed the radiator in my 02 Lincoln ls V6

I now have no heat.
turn it to 90 and its ice cold. shouldn't it at least be outside temp?

I ran the dccv check from the control panel - all 8's
I bleed the top bleeder 3 times..
disconnected the wire harness to the dccv - no heat
the hoses seem to be hot coming from the dccv to the heater core. but the hoses going to the firewall don't seem as hot to me.
someone told me it could be the air actuator inside but I read it doesn't have one????

I also noticed it doesn't seem to have a lot of pressure at the reserve tank.. maybe hissed for 2 seconds. normal??

any ideas??

It's not going to be the thermostat.
Did you fill and bleed the system exactly by the factory bleed procedure?
Why did you replace the radiator?
When was your degas bottle last replaced? Did you use the Motorcraft part?

It's not going to be the thermostat.
Did you fill and bleed the system exactly by the factory bleed procedure?
Why did you replace the radiator?
When was your degas bottle last replaced? Did you use the Motorcraft part?

I didn't do the radiator, a local garage did it.
the radiator had a crack in the plastic end cap part
never replaced the bottle
car doesn't over heat

I promise you that your 12+ year old degas bottle has cracks. If you can't pressurize the system, you can't bleed it correctly. The odds are also good that the "local garage" didn't do the bleeding by the book.

If you are indeed an exception to what everyone else has experienced, please do come back and post what the real problem was. There's always a first time...

Yea these things can be tricky. I replaced all plastic even the degass bottle, got scalding hot heat. Let her cool down completely, coolant level dropped in the degass bottle, top it off. Took her out for a spin heat blew hot went into the gas station came back out no heat at all. DCCV took a dive on me chased it for a few weeks trying to figured it out. Then one day the water pump went. Was like ok I've found the culprit.

Nope close but no cigar. Eventually changed the DCCV out and now have heat but there's a twist it only heats at 80 degrees and above.

Can't tell if it's because of the aux pump since it's been pretty hot here in Georgia. When it gets cold. If it countinues. I have the aux pump in my shopping cart on tasca.

Members online

Back