9 mths ago I took out the IMRC's and cleaned them... now p1519

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just took a trip to San Antonio and back and got 22mpg. As you all know that is NOT good.

I knew about the p1519 and reached behind the plenem and manually moved both sides back and forth hoping to free
them a bit and then cleared the code. After the trip the code is back.

I plan on doing a SeaFoam treatment but am wondering if there could be something else going on that is causing the issue.

I have a code scanner so I can watch live data if there is anything I need to watch.

As far as the bad MPG. I think one of my issues is the passenger side valve cover gasket is blown and it floods the spark plugs.
If anyone has a good write-up about how to change the passenger side valve cover gasket I'd be appreciative.

I also have an exhaust leak somewhere. I need to put the car on a lift and see where it's coming from as I can't tell. It could be the EGR/headers or the attatchment to the rest of the exhaust (it's aftermarket).

Anyway... thanks in advance. Any suggestions appreciated.

p1519:

- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) actuator
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) harness is open or shorted
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

its not stuck, you have either a wiring issue, a dead actuator, or a bad PCM.

i would lean towards a bad actuator i think.

I just read the codes again and I got the code p08E3. Pressure Cyclinder 8 fluctuating - too high -- pending. I can't find this code for the mark viii. There was another code that was "not found" and had no message.

Are these erroneous codes? I cleared them to see if they would come back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back