87 towncar

paulboggs44

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hi i am new on here. just purchased an 87 towncar. in rough shape. only window that works is passenger rear window. driver door panel is in trunk. driver inside door handle is missing. body is ok and runs good . should i put money into fixing this car up or should i look for another one in better shape? all advice is appreciated. thank you

Sell it to someone who will put it into a demolition derby and spend the extra cash to get a nicer one. I know it can be tempting to buy the cheaper cars but think of how much work you wont have to do by just saving a little bit more for that nicer ride, IMHO.

Drive it till something brakes and keep an eye on CL for something a little nicer.

Just fix it. usually to fix windows you jut drill the dimples to get a 5/16 socket or 8 mom on the 3 bolts. Usually the motors are stripped. They will just spin. Pull the motors and take cover off. CleN the plastic out and replace dollars with tiny nuts in 3 stacks of 2. They are the size that takes a 7/17 inch wrench. You can fix all 3 for about 1.50$ n get a handle off a junk. These are great cars and reliable. Suggest the normal stuff. Plugs cap rotor wires fuel filter oil coolant hoses thermostat trans fluid and filter oil change and check the brake pads. Fix any ? Able stuff. And change the transmission cable bushing on the throttle linkage. Its about 4$ and it will fey your transmission if it fails. If the body is good pre 85 bumpers are a good upgrade much stronger and they wrap around. A mark vi front end and fenders will add some bling too. I love these cars. They are the best Lincolns ever.

Members online

No members online now.
Back