02 ls 3.9 transmission electrical problem

vinnie

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln ls v8 3.9 the transmission was messing up after driving about 20 miles would stop shifting and say check transmission I would shut the car off and re start it and it would work fine for a while again then I brought to transmission shop he rebuilt it and it still does the same thing he says it is a electric issue the plug is no good I have a spare ls lol yes a whole spare car for parts I cut the plug out and the tranny guy is going to put this plug on the good car any one ever herd of this problem I have seen posts about electrical problems the tranny guy has messed with the plug and the car has done better but still acts up some times so I am hoping replacing the plug works

If you think it was a wiring issue, I would have pulled the entire transmission harness out of the parts car and put that in. Cutting and splicing wires in a car is asking for more trouble.

almost whole harnees was pulled i cut it where it goes into the firewall on passesnger side .the plug on the transmission side still has about 3 feet of wire on it. i understand what you are saying.maybe i should have got it all the way from the computer to trans i drop it off today at the shop. we will see i hope it works im going nuts .love the car hate the problems it has

Members online

No members online now.
Back