greyhound shipping question please....

danielmillermark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I may have found a new door, but Im just not sure on something. "My great 8" and I are thinking about shipping a door via greyhound but I just read that the maximum weight is 100 pounds. This door has gotta be more then that right? He is in port charlotte florida Im in Arcata CA. Any suggestions regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I attempted to weigh the door with my wife's assistance and a bathroom scale. It read 50 pounds but seems a bit heavier than that. Does anybody know what a complete door weighs? It would really help us out with figuring the shipping and get Dan his door that he has been patiently waiting for. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen!

Get on the scale and write down your weight, pick up the door and anything over what you weigh is the exact weight of the door. That's if you can pick up the door long enough to get a somewhat accurate reading. :)

It's more then 50lbs, if you cant find a scale to work around the house. Drive you car over to a truck stop or scrap yard and get a tare weight, then put you door in the trunk and do it again.

Also have you guys looked into Fastenal?

Fastenal!!!

I have heard nothing but good things about their shipping. They have so many locations across the country it is well worth looking into for the larger bulky items.

Fastenal!!!

I have heard nothing but good things about their shipping. They have so many locations across the country it is well worth looking into for the larger bulky items.

called them & they dont have a store in my area. And I mean not even close :( man, I really wish I knew if it is over 100 or not. Im guessing its like 103lbs with my luck. lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back