Finally installed some Angel eyes! But I'm having some problems!

wade0731

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I have them installed finally! I read thread on thread about wiring on here and how people installed them. I thought I wired them correctly but I don't understand why they will not come on with my day light, lights. They only come on when I turn on my lights. Also I'm not sure if I have them wired right because they don't seem as bright as the should be for some reason. Also they blink with I turn on my blinkers, not even in a okay way, it's a weird blinking like they are shorting out. How should I wire them to run when I turn on the car?Also the lights really drown on the halos.

How do you guys have yours wired? I put my white wire to the black/white and my black wire to the black/blue I believe.

Here are some pics:

tQhxQer.jpg

0Y21nLC.jpg

eAjVVow.jpg

4fpWVnJ.jpg

You will not be able to see the eye with the headlight on. Did you install the ballasts? Sounds like you have them connected to the wrong wires if they are blinking. I ran new wires to mine from a toggle switch so I dont know which wires to tie into.

I have not done these, but are they running threw a relay?
Most accessories i run, i run them threw a relay so they can be powered directly from the battery, and triggered threw the relay, they IMO should never be ran directly off something elses power, that even with minimal draw can stress the circuit past what it was originally designed for.

When i installed H1/H4 headlights in my 82 Mustang, they were powered directly from the battery, and triggered threw the headlight wiring, that way they get full power, and take stress off the headlight switch circuit (which was known to fry if new powerful headlights that drew more power than stock were installed).

Most accessories i run, i run them threw a relay so they can be powered directly from the battery, and triggered threw the relay, they IMO should never be ran directly off something elses power, that even with minimal draw can stress the circuit past what it was originally designed for.....

This is particularly true for the LS (and almost all 2010+ cars) because most of the circuits are electronically driven. However, I would run power through a relay, instead of just throwing a relay around.

Threw:
1. to propel from the hand by a sudden forward motion: to throw a ball.
2. to hurl or project (a missile), as a gun does.
3. to project or cast (light, a shadow, etc.).
4. to project (the voice).
5. to direct (one's voice) so as to appear to come from a different source, as in ventriloquism.
6. to direct or send forth (words, a glance, etc.).
7. to put into some place, condition, etc., as if by hurling: to throw someone into prison.
a. to move (a lever or the like) in order to turn on, disconnect, etc., an apparatus or mechanism: to throw the switch.
b. to connect, engage, disconnect, or disengage by such a procedure: to throw the current.
9. to shape on a potter's wheel.
10. to deliver (a blow or punch.)
11. (in wrestling) to hurl (an opponent) to the ground.
12. to play (a card).
13. to lose (a game, race, or other contest) intentionally, as for a bribe.
a. to cast (dice).
b. to make (a cast) at dice.
15. (of an animal, as a horse) to cause (someone) to fall off; unseat.
16. to give or host: to throw a lavish party.
17. (of domestic animals) to bring forth (young).
18. to twist (filaments) without attenuation in the production of yarn or thread.
19. to amaze or confuse: The dark glasses really threw me.
v.i.
20. to cast, fling, or hurl a missile or the like.
21. throw away,
a. to dispose of; discard.
b. to employ wastefully; squander.
c. to fail to use; miss (a chance, opportunity, etc.).
d. (of an actor) to speak (lines, a joke, etc.) casually or indifferently.
22. throw in,
a. to add as a bonus or gratuity.
b. to interject, as a comment.
c. to abandon (a hand) in a card game.
23. throw off,
a. to free oneself of; cast aside.
b. to escape from or delay, as a pursuer.
c. to give off; discharge.
d. to perform or produce with ease: to throw off a few jokes.
e. to confuse; fluster.
f. Australian Slang. to criticize or ridicule (usu. fol. by at).
24. throw out,
a. to cast away; discard; reject.
b. to cause (a runner in baseball) to be out by throwing the ball to a teammate who prevents the runner from reaching base safely.
c. to eject from a place, esp. forcibly.
d. to expel, as from membership in a club.
25. throw over, to forsake; abandon.
26. throw together,
a. to make hurriedly and haphazardly.
b. to cause to associate: bitter enemies thrown together by circumstance.
27. throw up,
a. to give up; relinquish.
b. to build hastily.
c. to vomit.
d. to point out, as an error.
e. (of a hawk) to fly suddenly upward.
n.
28. an act or instance of throwing or casting; cast; fling.
29. the distance to which something can be thrown: a stone's throw.
a. the distance between the center of a crankshaft and the center of the crankpins, equal to one half of the piston stroke.
b. the distance between the center of a crankshaft and the center of an eccentric.
c. the movement of a reciprocating part in one direction.
31. the length of a beam of light: a spotlight with a throw of 500 feet.
32. a scarf, boa, shawl, or the like.
33. a lightweight blanket; afghan.
34. a cast of dice or the number thrown.
35. the act, method, or an instance of throwing an opponent in wrestling.

Through:
1. In one side and out the opposite or another side of: went through the tunnel.
2. Among or between; in the midst of: a walk through the flowers.
3. By way of: climbed in through the window.
a. By the means or agency of: bought the antique vase through a dealer.
b. Into and out of the handling, care, processing, modification, or consideration of: Her application went through our office. Run the figures through the computer.
5. Here and there in; around: a tour through France.
6. From the beginning to the end of: stayed up through the night.
7. At or to the end of; done or finished with, especially successfully: We are through the initial testing period.
8. Up to and including: a play that runs through December; a volume that covers A through D.
9. Past and without stopping for: drove through a red light.
10. Because of; on account of: She succeeded through hard work. He declined the honor through modesty.
adv.
1. From one end or side to another or an opposite end or side: opened the door and went through.
2. From beginning to end; completely: I read the article once through.
3. Throughout the whole extent or thickness; thoroughly: warmed the leftovers clear through; got soaked through in the rain; a letter that was shot through with the writer's personality.
4. Over the total distance; all the way: drove through to their final destination.
5. To a conclusion or an accomplishment: see a matter through.
adj.
1. Allowing continuous passage; unobstructed: a through street.
a. Affording transportation to a destination with few or no stops and no transfers: a through bus; a through ticket.
b. Continuing on a highway without exiting: through traffic; through lanes.
3. Passing or extending from one end, side, or surface to another: a through beam.
4. Having finished; at completion: She was through with the project.
5. Having no further concern, dealings, or connection: I'm through with him.
a. Having no more use, value, or potential; washed-up: That swimmer is through as an athlete.
b. Doomed to death or destruction.

I've never ran power through a relay. Any suggestions? Also the battery is all the way in the back, sounds like it will be a pain to get a wire all the way back there?

I've never ran power through a relay. Any suggestions? Also the battery is all the way in the back, sounds like it will be a pain to get a wire all the way back there?

There is a fairly high current power wire going to the fuse box at the front of the engine compartment. It has plenty of power for your add-on lights. Using a relay is fairly simple. I'm sure that a Google search will bring up several examples that are clearer than I could explain.

There is a fairly high current power wire going to the fuse box at the front of the engine compartment. It has plenty of power for your add-on lights. Using a relay is fairly simple. I'm sure that a Google search will bring up several examples that are clearer than I could explain.

Okay, thanks! Will this one turn the halos on when I turn on the car?

You need to find a source that is on when the car is on. Or use a relay. Either way, you will need to find a switched source

Mine come on when I turn ignition on, tapped into a key on power in underhood fuse box for my relay , they are always on when my ignition is on. I believe that is the way you are looking to get it

Mine come on when I turn ignition on, tapped into a key on power in underhood fuse box for my relay , they are always on when my ignition is on. I believe that is the way you are looking to get it

Mine too but I have a toggle to turn them off too

This is particularly true for the LS (and almost all 2010+ cars) because most of the circuits are electronically driven. However, I would run power through a relay, instead of just throwing a relay around. TL;DR

Your definition seems to refer to the present tense "throw" rather than how i misused the past tense "threw" but i will let that slide.

Smart ass, :qyes i run power through a relay as well, i do have about 10 New Bosch relays laying around so i could THROW them around as well.

Bosch style relays are typically the most common relays used, they are simple, dead reliable, and easy to source for replacement.
A Quick Google search of the Term "typical bosch relay wiring" wielded thousands of image results.

Like joegr said, a major power source under the hood would be fine, you just wouldnt want to steal power from a circuit that was designed for say just the headlight power load, or turn signal power load, it can lead to odd symptoms like flashing, or blinking as the circuit is being over loaded even if its adding a minor draw to the circuit.

Triggering a relay off say the running lamps should only add a minor amount of resistance to the circuit, but it shouldn't add an additional amp load to the circuit, since it is not using the power from that circuit to power the accessory, its simple sending a electrical signal to trip the relay to allow power from the battery thru the circuit.

Sorry if thats confusing, i tried to find the best way to explain it without going deep into electrical theory which even i dont think i want to understand LOL

It's an older thread, but Alax7 has a very detailed process of the angel eyes install that should include the wiring if you want to connect them to your running lights. That seemed to work the best for me, where I can manually engage them with pull-out option on the headlight switch anytime I want and then they will automatically come on with the lights when they are engaged manually or in auto mode.

It's an older thread, but Alax7 has a very detailed process of the angel eyes install that should include the wiring if you want to connect them to your running lights. That seemed to work the best for me, where I can manually engage them with pull-out option on the headlight switch anytime I want and then they will automatically come on with the lights when they are engaged manually or in auto mode.

or tap into parking lights

The two color wires coming from the black inverter box are your positive and negative. These
manufacturer of these kits may change the colors from time to time but always look on the back of the
box for specific wiring colors. You will have two options to wire up your angel eyes. The quickest way
to hook up the Angel Eyes will be to the Parking Lamps. There are three wires coming from the Parking
Lamps connector. Orange/Blue, Black/White and Black/Blue. You will need to T-Tap or splice into the
Orange/Blue wire with the red wire coming from the headlight and the Black/Blue wire with the black.

Thanks for the correction, G. I shouldn't try to post while doing 3 other things at the same time at work. I did tap into the Parking Lights - not the running lights as previously stated.

So, basically, what he said....

Tru - the en"light"end

Thanks for the correction, G. I shouldn't try to post while doing 3 other things at the same time at work. I did tap into the Parking Lights - not the running lights as previously stated.

So, basically, what he said....

Tru - the en"light"end

I need help..!! I bought the complete sealed halo lights from Neodials on ebay last summer...they have a small silver box attached to the rings that are referred to as "driver packs"...mine have turned green from corrosion and have caused the lamps to not light...Im waiting to hear from the seller to see if I can buy these driver packs separate and splice them in to the lights...does anyone have any familiarity or knowledge on these "driver packs"..and what a solution could be. I do not want to spend another $500 for the entire assembly when only the little boxes are bad..your input is great appreciated..lol.

20140129104847878a.jpg20140130095404546a.jpg

I purchased the same ones Rojasnyc I would assume because I got them from the same vendor they r LED rings. I haven't gotten around to installing them im going to use the relay harness they provided with the lights not just tapping into the parking lights hope I don't run into the same problem he is having now and I wonder if there is a way to prevent that by maybe painting the pack or something.

20140129104847878a.jpg

20140130095404546a.jpg

OMG this is driving me crazy...those are the exact ones that I have..the issue is that they do come on with the parking lights...I have the wiring harness that you are mentioning..but after a hard rain..they fizzled and went out...there is a fuse in the relay harness..it is not blown..but one of the boxes like seen above..is open where the black wires are attached..the board moves around inside of the plastic (which it shouldn't do)..and whatever mechanic that was in my car last..wrapped the entire box in black tape..like I wouldn't some day see this..I took it back to the shop that I got to install them and they are telling me that the problem is in these "driver packs"..I have searched all day to see if I could buy just the boxes new..so I could splice them into the system.and get the lights back that I paid damn near $500 for from Neodials. The website that he sells for contacted me and said that they could not assist me at all..not even to sell me replacement parts..I have to contact this guy..I saw a member on this board that was selling his halos complete with housing and all..I would rather do that at a last resort than to have to buy the entire light system over again..advice..? I will post pictures for you guys if it will help in your input.

View attachment 828466572View attachment 828466573

I purchased the same ones Rojasnyc I would assume because I got them from the same vendor they r LED rings. I haven't gotten around to installing them im going to use the relay harness they provided with the lights not just tapping into the parking lights hope I don't run into the same problem he is having now and I wonder if there is a way to prevent that by maybe painting the pack or something.

Those "driver packs" have no business being mounted close to any openings in the grill..I really think that water got into the board of the one pack..and shorted it out...you should be fine if you just secure the wiring in a better location than mine went through. the wiring harness with relay has a really good hard plastic shroud around it to protect it..but these packs just dangle with no waterproof shield or covering..those two plugs at the bottom of the light are very weak and could snap off with a hard slam of the hood or anything..Im shocked that the actual lights and rings are constructed almost perfectly and these plastic boxes are very cheaply made and located outside the unit...Im willing to bet that someone here will solve this dilemma..smh. I was just about to say f it..and go buy a whole new set..until I saw some of the senior guys chiming in..Ima be patient and wait on the solution.

lol...I tell you what..if my situation worsens..and you haven't installed them...I sure would pay quickly for your set...lmao. not playing games..lol.

I would assume that all that box does is distribute power to both rings if it's shot just snip the ends off the wires coming from the rings connect both the negatives together and the positives together and hook them up that way bypassing the box u have a relay and fused power so don't really see the need for that besides a cleaner neater install

I would assume that all that box does is distribute power to both rings if it's shot just snip the ends off the wires coming from the rings connect both the negatives together and the positives together and hook them up that way bypassing the box u have a relay and fused power so don't really see the need for that besides a cleaner neater install

That's a bad idea, I suspect. The box probably regulates the correct amount of current to the LEDs, and may even boost the voltage to them depending on how many are in series. If it boosts voltage, then they simply won't work if you bypass the box. If it doesn't boost voltage, when you bypass the box, the LEDs will be destroyed in the first seconds.

Hmmm ok never thought of that so since i havent installed mine yet and i have easy access to them what would u recommend i do to prevent the type of damage that our friend has to his. Maybe wrap them in electric tape or encapsulate them some how?

Members online

No members online now.
Back