Plastic Seat Back Cover??

Howard LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone have experience removing the hard plastic backs from the front bucket seats of an LS. My '05 passenger side front bucket needs some repair work on that part but I'm not sure how to release it at the top and don't want to break anything. Thanks for any advice you might be able to give.

Pull bottom straight out and slide down at top. Bottom has pop in and out fasteners, top are just slide in and out hooks/fasteners.

The bottom ones are easy to break, too. I need to replace my passenger seat cover because it broke when I removed it to try and fix a problem with the top retainers.

That's what's wrong with mine. Some time before I bought it, someone partially broke the bottom brackets on the passenger side. I've been able to slide it back into place but it always slides out after a while. I want to try using some of that mold-able epoxy to fill the area where the bracket is supposed to be and insert the fastener into it so that it's glued to the cover. Then, once it all sets up, I can hopefully just plug the fasteners back into their holes and it'll be fixed. I need to get it off of the seat first, though, and I didn't want to break anything else while I was doing that, so thanks for the advice gcwimmer. I'll let you know if it works.

Members online

No members online now.
Back