Time For Some Exciting Suspension Replacement!

mikeyg03ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have already done some searching on the site and priced things out but I'm looking for advice/ Tips on replacement of some parts and maybe some pricing help if people know where to get things cheaper? I got my 03 on a lift today and found out I need 3(might as well do 4) sway bar links, 4 sway bar bushings (not sure of the size if anyone happens to know the second gen size(, 1 rear lateral arm, drivers side upper ball joint, and 2 carrier bearings for the rear diff. I can get everything but the ball joint from rockauto besides the bushings and the ball joint which I believe you need the whole upper arm after reading around.
Rock auto prices:
1 Deeza Lateral arm: $84
4 Moog Links: $120
2 Timken bearings: $23
2 Front sway bar bushings: $40 from energy suspension
Total with shipping: $270ish

So I'm wondering If anyone knows where to get the rear sway bar bushings and where the best place would be to get the upper control arm? Also is it worth it to get the camber adjuster bolts? I will be doing my own alignment so I would like to get it spot on if I can. Also if anyone has tips on replacing the bushings and carrier bearings that would be GREATLY appreciated since I know they'll be a pain in the you know effin what!
Thanks a lot guys!

I'd check Amazon or Advance Auto for the sway bar bushings.
Rock Auto is competitive for the upper control arms as well as the lateral arms (not sure if it's in stock)
Unless you are changing the shocks/spring (lowering) there's no need for the camber bolts. Better to change the lateral adjustment arms (deeza) in pair.

Advance Auto has online coupons you could use, so it's really worth a shot checking it out first.

Don't know how i missed the control arm on rockauto, thanks for that. With the lateral arm it looks like someone already replaced it, definitely not deeza. So as I am tight on money is it worth really doing the other one right now, I was already debating putting off the control arm so I would rather do that out of the two. Again does anyone know where to find the rear sway bar bushings? Cant seem to find them anywhere! I would use the universal energy suspension ones but it looks like its a different special mount

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I bought all of my suspension parts last november on Amazon. I have amazon prime, free shipping. Front moog ball joints, moog tie rods, moog sway bar links and motorcraft upper control arms. Rear sway bar links and deeza rear lateral arms. Also installed Eibach lowering springs.

Checked amazon, rock auto, every "autozone type store/online store" and a few other places for the rear sway bar bushings. Finally found them on tasca ford parts website for around 50 bucks for both bushings and new brackets. Hope that helps people in the future!

Hi! Trying to find the lateral arms for my '04 LS. I would rather just replace the bushings in the end of them,but haven't seen that.Will call FORD tomorrow,but if anyone knows where to get the lateral arms,let me know,please? I can't find them at Rock Auto.Will check Tasca,Amazon,etc. Thanks! don-ohio :)^)
Checked amazon, rock auto, every "autozone type store/online store" and a few other places for the rear sway bar bushings. Finally found them on tasca ford parts website for around 50 bucks for both bushings and new brackets. Hope that helps people in the future!

Quote:Col said: I bought all of my suspension parts last november on Amazon. I have amazon prime, free shipping. Front moog ball joints, moog tie rods, moog sway bar links and motorcraft upper control arms. Rear sway bar links and deeza rear lateral arms. Also installed Eibach lowering springs.

THANKS for the Amazon idea,Col ! I just ordered my lateral arms from there for 81 apiece! YES!! don-ohio :)^)

Don't know how i missed the control arm on rockauto, thanks for that. With the lateral arm it looks like someone already replaced it, definitely not deeza. So as I am tight on money is it worth really doing the other one right now, I was already debating putting off the control arm so I would rather do that out of the two. Again does anyone know where to find the rear sway bar bushings? Cant seem to find them anywhere! I would use the universal energy suspension ones but it looks like its a different special mount

Tasca had them when I ordered 2 years ago.

Please post the method you use to replace them. I'm not convinced it can happen without dropping the rear subframe. at least not with my gorilla hands.

Please post the method you use to replace them. I'm not convinced it can happen without dropping the rear subframe. at least not with my gorilla hands.

My mech did it with car on lift. It was a PIA like everything else but he changed them without droping subframe. Mine had a 100k and no signs of cracking, should of left the old ones in till they failed. Good Luck

Unfortunately i didnt get a chance to get the parts so i did not do them this weekend but i think the subframe will have to be dropped as well. Maybe without gorilla hands lol. Im pretty lanky with not huge hands and was able to di the front sway bar bushings with a regular 3/8 rarchet when nobody said it could be done. I know the rears inly have 1 bolt and a clip on the other end so maybe if you get a wrench up there you can get em off. Depending on rust level.

Members online

No members online now.
Back