Hello New Here!!

I did add a little coolant to this tank...

smiley-score001.gif

Get it out ASAP, try to save the pump, you haven't had it in long enough,
you just added more work for yourself, you MUST get it all out, refresh it with fresh ATF, turn on A/C and get that pump running and redo it several time until it's cleared up and looks like fresh ATF fluid. It will begin to bubble up with air and look like pink foam, many have made this mistake and had to either get a new pump or retro fit to the electrical fan conversion.

Flush, Flush and then Flush some more .... you might actually be better off now and pull the bottom line and drain all of it from there.
If the car has ran since you added coolant to it, you'll have to run the A/C and redo many of times. you want clean fresh ATF in there.

Be sure no one ever goes near it again and don't let any oil place changers mess with it from now of on. Lesson learned!

smiley-score001.gif

Get it out ASAP, try to save the pump, you haven't had it in long enough,
you just added more work for yourself, you MUST get it all out, refresh it with fresh ATF, turn on A/C and get that pump running and redo it several time until it's cleared up and looks like fresh ATF fluid. It will begin to bubble up with air and look like pink foam, many have made this mistake and had to either get a new pump or retro fit to the electrical fan conversion.

Flush, Flush and then Flush some more .... you might actually be better off now and pull the bottom line and drain all of it from there.
If the car has ran since you added coolant to it, you'll have to run the A/C and redo many of times. you want clean fresh ATF in there.

Be sure no one ever goes near it again and don't let any oil place changers mess with it from now of on. Lesson learned!

Yes, Indeed. I won't let anyone get near my new baby unless it's someone familiar with these cars. I've only owned my american car in my life and that was my regal. This would make my second American ride. Although she's given me some problems now I hear great things about LS some she's going to be a keeper.

Yours is a 1st GEN or second?

You can purchase the entire dealership repair workshop manual on DVD on ebay. I picked up the 1st GEN workshop manual + the entire Electrical book on this beast.

Should keep me busy until I sell the LS and move onto the 370Z Nismo.

We have the second GEN workshop manual online here. Might also be a good idea to download the OM (owners manual) from the Tech section of this site. (above menu bar)

----EDIT: Ooops, just reread above, yours is 02, first Gen.

Yes, Indeed. I won't let anyone get near my new baby unless it's someone familiar with these cars.

Well who added the coolant to hyd pump res. Was it a mechanic. I would think most people would look at owners man before adding any fluids.

Yes, Indeed. I won't let anyone get near my new baby unless it's someone familiar with these cars.

Well who added the coolant to hyd pump res. Was it a mechanic. I would think most people would look at owners man before adding any fluids.

No it was I, I have the owner manual as well. Dumb mistake and I will be a lesson.

HAVE YOU CLEARED THE HYDRAULIC FAN SYSTEM YET?!?!? driving with that mixture will cause a very expensive system to fail quickly! I don't believe it can just be flushed out, and will most likely take a full tear down to get all that out... what color is the fluid now?

coolant overflow bottle = degas bottle

what ever you call it, there is only one coolant bottle. you said both were fine. I'm just curious what other bottle you removed and inspected . probably more important, why this other bottle had coolant in it too.
it was probably his windshield washer fluid bottle LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back