Is that water I hear?

Derosa01

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Has anyone experienced this; when I accelerate, usually for the first use of the day, I hear what sounds like water running like from a pool of water from the front of the car. It actually sounds like it should be running into the passenger floor board, but I cannot locate any pools of water or even anything remotely damp. I am thinking maybe the air conditioning system?

Thanks,

Gary
1998 Lincoln Towne car

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you're hearing either your compressor or your heater core. Both make some noises upon starting your vehicle. I have a 99 Royale Town Sedan it has done that as long as I can remember.

Sounds like you're hearing either your compressor or your heater core. Both make some noises upon starting your vehicle. I have a 99 Royale Town Sedan it has done that as long as I can remember.

Thanks FroZone... I get the same sound in my Ford Explorer. Thanks for the input and help!

Blessings,

Gary

Mine had water trapped in the door, the drain holes were plugged. I removed the plastic covers and it all the water came running out. FYI it was passenger door.

Mine had water trapped in the door, the drain holes were plugged. I removed the plastic covers and it all the water came running out. FYI it was passenger door.

Had to do that as well. But if I understand correctly his noise is when sitting still.

Could just be air in the cooling system cavitating in the heater core. I have heard the same thing from mine a few times.

Members online

Back