Auto windshield wipers

antonio fuller

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok this my seem a little small and much but I loved it and want it again. I had a 2001 lincoln ls with the auto windshield wipers. The wipers would come on when water hit the windshield. But most important, they would automatically adjust the speed setting faster if it rain harder or slower when the rain came down lighter. This stops me from constantly manually adjusting the whipper speed as I drive in the rain. This car was totaled and now I have upgraded to a 2006. I didn't even check to see if the option was on the 06. I thought it was a standard figure but I was not on the 06. Its a lobg shot but anyway I can buy a kit or have this done

They dropped the auto wipers in 04. It was not even offered as an option after that.
There are aftermarket rain sensing wiper kits. At least one member had some posts about one that he added. Search for it.

Ended with early build 2004. It was one of those thing some people like them and other don't, my 2004 was one of the last, I like them.

* As usual, Joe was posting while I was composing*

Ok this my seem a little small and much but I loved it and want it again. I had a 2001 lincoln ls with the auto windshield wipers. The wipers would come on when water hit the windshield. But most important, they would automatically adjust the speed setting faster if it rain harder or slower when the rain came down lighter. This stops me from constantly manually adjusting the whipper speed as I drive in the rain. This car was totaled and now I have upgraded to a 2006. I didn't even check to see if the option was on the 06. I thought it was a standard figure but I was not on the 06. Its a lobg shot but anyway I can buy a kit or have this done

They dropped the auto wipers in 04. It was not even offered as an option after that.
There are aftermarket rain sensing wiper kits. At least one member had some posts about one that he added. Search for it.

Yup..... raintracker.com. The wiring looks intimidating, but it isn't really (I tapped into the wiring at the steering wheel shroud). I added it to both '06's. There is even a sensitivity adjustment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back