what and how to install a tranny cooler easily

Why would a trans cooler be a band aid fix? Even if you have to have the trans rebuilt or replaced the cooler will still help with keeping the trans temp down.

He won't look long, I've got a 97 trans I'll take $100 for :)
wrong section, there's a section here called parts for sale, or something similar...btw, why the heel did you WELD that lug stud in the 'like new' front hub you sent me? and yes, my car rides good now that I replaced the cracked strut mount you sent me
----

wrong section, there's a section here called parts for sale, or something similar...btw, why the heel did you WELD that lug stud in the 'like new' front hub you sent me? and yes, my car rides good now that I replaced the cracked strut mount you sent me
----

Ignored with extreme prejudice

Not only are you a liar, but you're a blithering idiot as well.

Damn, you do nice work. That is one clean install, done right with the proper fittings and mounts. Excellent.

Really? dude their is a write up of it on the mark VIII how to section, but if you get one, get what i got, a B&M Super cooler, i believe the part number is a 70264, and your gonna want to J-mod it while your at it and Drain the fluid INCLUDING the torque converter and replace with mercon 5, honestly though, idk how i would feel about modding a transmission with that much wear and tear already, find a low mileage one, 200-600$ depending on what you find, add the cooler, the jmod, replace your mlps, replace your epc solenoid, and if you really wanna do it right add a new converter at the same time, thats what im looking at doing in my 97, then you will have the piece of mind of having a good reliable transmission, if you decide to go with a aftermarket converter with a higher stall speed like what im doing, you are gonna need a tune to reflash your PCM for the changes, but it would be a nice start to making your car faster if thats what you want

And IF you decide to get a new transmission, or old for that matter, replace it with a 98' and up trans, they have much stronger internals, i believe they have a mechanical diode where as the 97 and older ones dont, and im sure there is a few other differences too, im not the leading expert on transmissions obviously, so im sure one of the other guys on here that know more than me will be glad to chime in and help you, I HONESTLY know how you feel, your mark is your baby and your trying to save it, mine was the same way and i felt the same way (although mines never been close to as rough as yours) but you would be amazed how much you would learn if you used the search function, the guys on here are constantly having to spoonfeed people info because they arent searching the forums which have literally countless threads on pretty much everyquestion ive seen you ask, use the search function more and more people will be willing to help you if they see your making an hoenst effort to learn on your own

And IF you decide to get a new transmission, or old for that matter, replace it with a 98' and up trans, they have much stronger internals, i believe they have a mechanical diode where as the 97 and older ones dont,
98 and up? what's after 98 for a Mark? Mustang GT trannies? any other >97 trannies we can use directly?

some Grand Marqui's? 1999? seems to be more of those used and with less miles; senior citizens totalling cars they rarely drive maybe :shifty:

I have a 2001 Grand Marquis transmission in my car, they seem to be much cheaper than Mustang transmissions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back