Did some work this weekend...

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I order my parts off ebay, so as to update my 02, since she's been neglected for the past 60K. (always do my oil changes)

-Replaced my defective alternator with a hefty 160 amp
-Replaced all 8 coil packs
-Replaced Both front sway link bars

Next weekend, I have to:
-Replace rear sway links
-Replace Driver window motor

And she will be back up to date!

The cool part was, I only spent $322. for All 5 of those replacement parts off ebay!
The coil packs were a STEAL! $72.74 for all 8

So other than that bit of fixing, Im thinking about panting my rims a Gun metal colour to work with my Cars Grey colour.
Then gonna repaint my rear bumper, since someone hit me in a flea market, with me in the car, then drove off.
And I have to install my Eibach springs.

Thats my bit of LS work/updating. Thought I'd share. You guys do anything to your LS's next few weeks?

if your thinking of painting your rims, i would suggest plasti dip...they have a gunmetal color, and you can add pearlizer/metal flake (cant think of the name).

the best part is that the plasti dip can be removed, as where conventional paint cannot.

I don't want to talk about what my car will be going they over the next few weeks. Haha. Mainly because of the cost of it. Basically by the time the end of June rolls around I will have spent about 23k total on my LS. That's including the cost of the car, tax title, plate transfer, plane ticket, gas driving 2k miles home, paint job, and all my mods.

Please for the love of god elaborate.

If your talking about me it's nothing elaborate. No jokes. Just since I've finally got the car I plan on keeping for a while now I've decided to spend the money to make it into what I've always wanted my LS to be. And after adding some more its really going to end up being 25-26k of total investment.

If your thinking like crazy custom body work, or turbo/supercharger, some crazy mods your outta luck. I'm just doing the usuall stuff + a paint job.

if your thinking of painting your rims, i would suggest plasti dip...they have a gunmetal color, and you can add pearlizer/metal flake (cant think of the name).

the best part is that the plasti dip can be removed, as where conventional paint cannot.

Its called Metalizer there's also glossifier

I try to never think of my total investment, I like old saying,, ignorance is bliss!
If your talking about me it's nothing elaborate. No jokes. Just since I've finally got the car I plan on keeping for a while now I've decided to spend the money to make it into what I've always wanted my LS to be. And after adding some more its really going to end up being 25-26k of total investment.

If your thinking like crazy custom body work, or turbo/supercharger, some crazy mods your outta luck. I'm just doing the usuall stuff + a paint job.

More info? Brand? Cost? Does it work?

ah, sorry for late reply.

It is a Generic brand off Ebay. I paid $125 for it. So far its working great. I little bit noisier than a stock OEM, but its pretty good. So far 1 week on it. Ill make a thread if it goes bust in the next while.

I just wanna say tho, replacing this alternator was quite like going through hell. torturous, painful, and seems eternal. That A/C lines were in the way when I tried to remove it. I had to cut one clip that secures the A/C lines so I can move the line, to allow more space to remove the Alternator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back