Interior Lights Staying on

jkastell

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 continental battery keeps going dead i noticed that the interior lights shut off then come back on sprayed all the latches with wd40 still happening. The only thing i did notice is the keyless entry pad stays lite almost all the time. Any ideas of what maybe the problem.

I have a 1995 continental that does that. I have sprayed the sensors and it still randomly happens. The way I would proceed is isolate the sensor that is causing the issue and try replacing it if that is possible. Mine would randomly stay on sometimes and I found the door that was causing it. I just stopped opening that door and it has been fine(easy fix).

It could be the keyless pad itself. Pressing a key on it turns on the interior lights. You might want to try unplugging it inside the door and see if the problem persists.

My 2000 does it intermittently. Sprayed down the locks and gave the doors a nice slam. Don't do that unless you want to watch your door panel fly off into the car...
Don't lock the car with the FOB, just use the key.
Definitely check out MooJohn's idea.

Moo johns idea worked wonders for my car. a 2001 conti. the keypad didn't work anyway

Members online

No members online now.
Back