introducing the lincoln motor company

I like the commercial but I don't like the products available at this point in time hmmm.

Kinda cool, I browsed around a bit and that was all.

Have yet to see a commercial but it's exciting to hear about it as a younger owner. Probably won't bring back a rendition of the LS, but if they do, I'll ****.

Website looks cool but the models still look like baleen whales. They need a full size rwd sedan, a mid size sports sedan, a coupe and the large and small SUV.

Sent them an email telling them to bring the LS back, and that the reason Caddy came back was because they started building rear wheel drive V8s.

It's all word play. They could have named it "The Abraham Lincoln Horseless Carriage Company" and it wouldn't mean anything. Until they go back to producing cars that are worth a damn it's just marketing hooey.

Ford does that a lot. Case in point: the Ford 500. It was a decent car but woefully underpowered with a 203 hp v6 being the top model. It didn't sell well at all because your average Camry/Accord packs 250+. Ford decided that the name was holding it back, that buyers were "confused" by the 500 name. So, they renamed it the Taurus and sales improved. Was it the name? Nope! That year they also refreshed the design and gave it a 263 hp v6 and whadda ya know - sales picked up bigtime. Ford's suits think it was all due to the name without giving any credit to the actual vehicle.

The Town Car should have received the 4v engine in 2003, along with a 5spd automatic. If they had done that it would have been a real contender for the past decade. It should live on in a 5.0-powered version; they used the heart of the Mustang in the Town Car in the 80s so they can do it again. Cadillac's sedans have delivered over 300hp for almost 20 years now. Chrysler has no trouble selling RWD v8 sedans -- even Hyundai seems to have the recipe right.

Ford does that a lot. Case in point: the Ford 500. It was a decent car but woefully underpowered with a 203 hp v6 being the top model. It didn't sell well at all because your average Camry/Accord packs 250+. Ford decided that the name was holding it back, that buyers were "confused" by the 500 name.
...except that's not what happened. When they canceled the Taurus (effective at the end of production for the '07 MY), they were going to let the name die; it was Alan Mulally who made them put it on the Five Hundred rather than throw out 20 years of brand equity.

Not bad looking. The new grill looks far better than the baleen whale look. Still a POS FWD crackerbox though. Looks like they stole the tail lights off a Charger and stuck them on upside down though.

The grille does look better and I agree that the taillights/trunk piece look like they're off of a Charger.

No, just no flippin way would I ever and I mean ever own a car with this side profile... I know the drivers a B-ball player but I'm 6'7" so I can't see myself driving it either. Back seat has more room than the front? The back looks like a squashed Charger wagon. What an embarrassment...

WRE_5078.jpg

Interior pic, all the controls go through the LCD screen that's looking at the sky. I doubt it'll be viewable in the sunlight, especially on a cold day.

Last edited:
I guess I will be the odd man out here, and say that car looks pretty nice.

the town car should have seen the 4V motor in 93 when it we dropped into the Mark

The sooner the better, that's for sure. I just said 2003 because that's the year the firewall was changed to accept it in the Panther platform. You need a big hammer to fit it in the older cars :D

The SOHC 4.6 felt like a rocket the first year it was in the Town Car. The first time I drove it I was genuinely surprised. It was far faster than my brand-new (non-turbo) 1992 Eclipse - so much for my "sports" car!

The car almsot looks like a 4 door mustang. If it were rwd, id be sold. Doesnt have to be a V8, but it really needs to be rwd biased. Although 2.0 turbo and awd sounds fun.

If ford wants lincoln to be revived they need to do what Cadillac did.

i think its comming but it just takes time. the mkz i think is good start lets wait for the reviews on it and hopefully in 5 years we will get a awd/rwd car, hopefully the mustang rumors are true

The LS was a good start and that was 13 years ago.

here is the car and driver review of the new mkz i think the reviewer was really biased against lincoln especially critizing that the MKZ is based on the new fusion that has had great reviews so far. we may argue on the price but i think he didnt focus on the car itself instead of the direction that lincoln is going.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-lincoln-mkz-test-review

Cant believe the LS wasn't shown in this epic commercial
As much as I love the LS, it was a failure. It's a beautiful car, but as a product, it was an unmitigated failure. It never came within spitting distance of its projected sales figures, it was saddled with a lousy name, and it didn't even bring in enough cash to cover its own development costs. That's not the sort of thing you want to bring up if you're trying to market your brand.

Members online

No members online now.
Back