No Heat Once Again

bwv2k

LVC Member
Reaction score
For anyone out there I have a theoretical question. On a 01 ls v6 If the DCCV is removed from the car and then plugged in should you hear it kick on when plugged up and off when unplugged if it is working? If nothing is heard does that mean the DCCV is bad?

It could mean that your hearing is bad.

What does plug it up mean? Are you plugging the valves so no coolant is flowing?

So i should hear it when i plug it up

If you connect each coil to a 12V battery, you should hear some slight movement from the valve. I doubt that it would be a loud click though.

But, lets forget all that. You've removed the valve and your complaint is that you have no heat. With the valve disconnected, both sides should be open. You should be able to pour water through it and it should flow fairly freely. (Alternately, you could try blowing through it.) If the valves aren't stuck closed, then your DCCV is not your problem.

If you connect each coil to a 12V battery, you should hear some slight movement from the valve. I doubt that it would be a loud click though.

But, lets forget all that. You've removed the valve and your complaint is that you have no heat. With the valve disconnected, both sides should be open. You should be able to pour water through it and it should flow fairly freely. (Alternately, you could try blowing through it.) If the valves aren't stuck closed, then your DCCV is not your problem.

Well joe the valve is in the car but i have no heat. I was given another valve and i wanna test it to see if it works by unplugging the at the connection on the fan shroud and plug it into the other valve i was given to test it to see if it is working. I want to test it before i put it in.

looks to possibles rather than probables

Test the valve with 12v power supply

There are 3 pins on the DCCV, one is common. just touch the two +/- 12v leads to the pins and the solenoid pistons will jump. it is rare that the solenoids will fail. it is much more common that particles have worked their way into the piston chambers and jammed the piston. remove the top "cans" from the pistons, clean and polish the pistons and piston sleeves. retry. you can check the solenoids with an ohm meter to see if they are bad.

Members online

Back