Angel eye help

zzarich

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know another angel eye thread but I've been searching for a while but couldn't find what I was looking for so, what are the differences between the Orion v2 system and the predator chromium? Do they install the same when I wire them as drls and install the same etc.. I have a gen 1 by the way

You are going to want to want to go with the orion v2 system. They are a brighter and more reliable set up compared to the CCFL. I believe the CCFL uses some sort of ballast to light the ring as opposed to individual LEDs. The ballast could be prone to fail and when it gets cold CCFL takes a while to warm up.

Most of us go with the orion v2 system with LED rings as it's a simpler system. Instant on, no ballast, and more efficient.

The only positive I can think of going CCFL is it is a full ring as opposed to individual LEDs. That's not enough for me to want to go that route though. A full ring means nothing if you can' see them. The price difference may be kind of steep but it's worth it imo.

im not even sure you can buy the chromium anymore (iirc)... If so, I've had the CCFL's installed for around 4-5years... There was a time when the ballast started acting up (half lit rings and weak outputs) but it went away... If / when i do them again... I'll go LED

FYI - there's a newer version of the LED rings now. Opaque ones so it hides the individual leds' apprearance.

You are going to want to want to go with the orion v2 system. They are a brighter and more reliable set up compared to the CCFL. I believe the CCFL uses some sort of ballast to light the ring as opposed to individual LEDs. The ballast could be prone to fail and when it gets cold CCFL takes a while to warm up.

Most of us go with the orion v2 system with LED rings as it's a simpler system. Instant on, no ballast, and more efficient.

The only positive I can think of going CCFL is it is a full ring as opposed to individual LEDs. That's not enough for me to want to go that route though. A full ring means nothing if you can' see them. The price difference may be kind of steep but it's worth it imo.

As far as installation goes is the Orion system difficult to do or what?

depends on vehicle and personal ability.. you need to search for some older threads on this... plenty of how to's including the "read before you post" thread

FYI - there's a newer version of the LED rings now. Opaque ones so it hides the individual leds' apprearance.

I didn't see those available for the LS when I bought mine, otherwise I would have taken them for a spin. I wasn't waiting around for them to become available either. Watch, they're available now aren't they?

As far as installation goes is the Orion system difficult to do or what?

Long story short, the Gen. I headlights with grey sealant cuts the installation time in half at minimum if all you're doing is installing rings when compared to the Gen. II lights. Most advise to refinish the lenses if they're not crystal clear. Believe me, if this guy here can do it, anyone can. Only problem is that it took me 3 weeks lol working on them here and there.

As mentioned, there are numerous threads on this. Google search this site and they'll pop up.

When I place an order for these, where should i order them from? Lightwerkz. Has a new kind called "Morimoto xB LED Rings" and I could find a place that sells the Orion v2.

I didn't see those available for the LS when I bought mine, otherwise I would have taken them for a spin. I wasn't waiting around for them to become available either. Watch, they're available now aren't they?

Long story short, the Gen. I headlights with grey sealant cuts the installation time in half at minimum if all you're doing is installing rings when compared to the Gen. II lights. Most advise to refinish the lenses if they're not crystal clear. Believe me, if this guy here can do it, anyone can. Only problem is that it took me 3 weeks lol working on them here and there.

As mentioned, there are numerous threads on this. Google search this site and they'll pop up.

They've been available for a little while, before you did yours. I dont think lightworkz will update and list them for the ls, but I'm sure if you contacted them asking for the opaque one, they would get the correct sizes for the LS from umnitza

It looks like umnitzas website needs updating as well then. Get them when these go bad, if they go bad :/

Members online

Back