Supercharged Question

Elemino

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With all the mods I see on this forum, there is one I see a serious lack of.

Why is it I don't see cars with the Jaguar Supercharger? I've seen a few blown cars on here, but considering there is a car that had what should be be nearly a bolt on part, I don't see much spoken of it. I just did a quick search and found a S-Type supercharger for about $350. Why are you guys not using them? What am I missing?

FastLS purchased a Jag Supercharger with intentions of installing but got a job which requires him to be away a lot so the project idled itself. On gen 1 cars the issue is the spark plugs are air assisted. But, even that can be overcome as Quik did so.

There are some old threads out there where the topic comes up and gets discussed a bit more. I guess at the end of the day, the average owner here focuses more on the standard mods(wheels/lowering springs/tint/stereo).

FastLS purchased a Jag Supercharger with intentions of installing but got a job which requires him to be away a lot so the project idled itself. On gen 1 cars the issue is the spark plugs are air assisted. But, even that can be overcome as Quik did so.

There are some old threads out there where the topic comes up and gets discussed a bit more. I guess at the end of the day, the average owner here focuses more on the standard mods(wheels/lowering springs/tint/stereo).

its the injectors, not the plugs, but yes it is what makes the forced induction issue more difficult than on most other cars. Don't get me wrong, it is difficult to begin with but that makes it far from easier.

You can get the heads off of any of the SC jags, as none of them had VVT. Then find a manifold and SC. That would be for the best match up. They still sell the 4.2 forged pistons through jag dealers, but at $250 a pop. The bore is still 86mm, and the piston specs are still the same, minus the 9:1 comp ratio. There are STRs putting down over 500hp, so it is fesible.

You can get the heads off of any of the SC jags, as none of them had VVT. Then find a manifold and SC. That would be for the best match up. They still sell the 4.2 forged pistons through jag dealers, but at $250 a pop. The bore is still 86mm, and the piston specs are still the same, minus the 9:1 comp ratio. There are STRs putting down over 500hp, so it is fesible.

sc jag heads fit on without issues?

I have an 03, so I'm guessing no air assisted injectors. I wish I had money to throw at a project like this. 500hp sounds GREAT! :D (I was only aiming for 400)

500 does sound mighty nice

If you bought used parts you may be able to do this at a decent price

Members online

No members online now.
Back