Any tips on DCCV replacement?

1CleanLs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have replaced their DCCV, any tips you would like to share with me? I will be doing mine this weekend, so if you have any tips that would make it easier that would be appreciated! Thanks

I would recommend getting new hose clamps. it's a very tight fit to get a pair of pliers or vise grips to compress the clamps that are on there. take your time and don't rush yourself. take a picture of how the hoses go. wear a long sleeve shirt. I scraped up my arms real good when i did mine. follow the bleed procedure.

Get the spring clamp release tool from any decent tool shop or most car parts stores.

Have a good selection of swivels and extensions on hand.

is it easier to remove it from the top or bottom of the car once I disconnect the 3 bottom hoses?

Thats what I thought....it looks like the only thing I have to remove is the fan cover and it should slide out. Thanks

Well it turns out that Carparts.com sent me a dccv for a 00-02 LS instead of a 03-06. So im waiting for the right part which wont get here until wednesday. I will be getting the Motorcraft instead of the Metrix brand one which is good for $10 more, so replacement will have to wait until next weekend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back