Lincoln ls v6 or lincoln ls v8

Lincoln ls V6 vs Lincoln ls V8

• Total voters

Merk1n_Season

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering which is prefered a lincoln ls v6 or a lincoln ls v8. Give me your input which would you rather buy and why. I am speaking second gen of course and if you own a first gen your input is greatly appreciated as well.

The V8 has more power, sounds better and gets similar mileage. And the 06 only comes in a V8.

I wanted the V8 badge on the trunk lid lol. As mentioned, more power similar gas mileage, and I don't know how a V6 would get a 4000 lb car moving. I'm sure it does fine but when I was searching for one I only test drove the V8's I didn't want anything less.

The V8's have huge timing chain/tenstioner breaking issues added Gen1's. Thats why I went V6.

The V8's have huge timing chain/tenstioner breaking issues. Thats why I went V6.

The Gen I V8 has timing tensioner issues.
The Gen II V8 seems to be much less subject to it. If you use good, correct oil, and change it on time you should be okay with the gen II V8.
The 2006 V8 shouldn't have any issues as it is supposed to have the metal tensioners.

i had a V6, i really liked it a lot, then i got a V8. now i am even more happier with it.

the only way i would ever buy another V6, is if i could find one with a manual transmission.

@1loudls good luck with that i have only seen one and i live in miami and that was months ago.

I laughed when I saw the title of this. Now that I have voted and the results are 15 - 0 I don't feel bad about it haha.

I voted V6. Until I can buy a GEN 2 for 1000 I'll have to stick with Gen1's.:D I did miss out on one Gen2 for 1000 with of course a dead v8.

The V6 moves, but not having the V8 makes me a sad panda.

2nd gen V6 is better than the first gen. Plus the V6 seems to be more reliable. I average 23 in mixed city and highway and can get 400 to a tank. I miss having the message center but its OK I have every other feature, and you can add SST to the V6 if it does not have it.

I wanted the V8 badge on the trunk lid lol. As mentioned, more power similar gas mileage, and I don't know how a V6 would get a 4000 lb car moving. I'm sure it does fine but when I was searching for one I only test drove the V8's I didn't want anything less.

The gen2 V6s hold their own pretty good. The weight is closer to 3600 pounds.

When in doubt round it out. Weight of driver, and subs in the trunk lol. Unless that was included then I accept my mistake.

The gen2 V6s hold their own pretty good. The weight is closer to 3600 pounds.

Voted V6 but I wish I had a V8. My car is reliable and performance with the V6 is adequate. I

Voted V6 but I wish I had a V8. My car is reliable and performance with the V6 is adequate. I

I'm confused. You voted V6 meaning -> you would rather buy a V6.

Then, you said that you wish you had a V8.

Your vote and your statement seem to be in conflict.

I voted V6...

With the exception of the engine failure shortly after buying the car (no oil in it for thousands of miles, dealer/previous owner's fault, not mine) I have had virtually no problems.

When the new (Ford rebuilt, put in by a dealer) motor went in, the OEM coils were reused - against my suggestion, and willingness to pay, for new ones.

So I have had to do only a PCV elbow and coils on my V6.

I had zero engine related problems with the car. And I ABUSE it. The engine sees the rev limiter several times a day, included many hard launches.

I change the oil every 5,000 miles and have put roughly 55,000 miles on the new engine with, again, zero problems.

I know the V6 (especially my 2000) is down on power compared to the V8, but it has enough pickup to get you in trouble.

My mileage is horrendous due to my driving style, but then again, I bought a RWD Lincoln that runs on premium gas... If I was worried about gas mileage, I wouldnt have bought the car.

To each their own.

Plus, Xpipe and magnaflows sounds sexy on the V6 :)

Members online

Back