Fastmarks drift car progress thread

fastmark1993

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So the time has come to make a mark viii drift car. I've never seen let one hear about one so Im gonna do it. I have a few friends that has full blown 180sx' and silvias that they drift in competitions.

The plan for the car is strip it, t5 tranny, get rid of air ride, stiffen the fock out of if, 4:56 gears, Saleen speedstars, murder her out, cobra intake, custom ram air cai and maybe in the future some boost.

I got the front end totally apart and am rebuilding the front suspension with poly bushings everywhere, I have a front and rear swaybar being designed by my brother in law and will release the detials of them when they are done!

I'll post pictures when I can.

Yes, my brother in law is a engineer/draftsmen, he is one of the top designers on autodesk/autocad. I have quite a few contacts through work to get these mass produced also. Or I'll just sell the design after I get mine of course =] if you guys have any suggestions on them feel free.

Some heavy duty bushings that won't wear out where the rubber is now. lol. And something thicker than the 1 3/8 addco offers. Other than that, maybe a little arch to it to prevent it from bending so easy. Like those wrenches that were made in the old days:
wrenchhandle.gif

T-56 please. You can have 4.10 rear and still cruise in 6th gear.
5-speed is so 80's.

I think you have a great idea. that looks like so much fun. a markVIII will be really cool.Keep us up to date. I'll be a player for a sway bar. Good luck.

suspension and steering might need to be updated/improved.

might also be a good idea to hub swap and cobra brake upgrade.

suspension and steering might need to be updated/improved.

might also be a good idea to hub swap and cobra brake upgrade.

Yeah I'm using all t-bird parts for the front end, gotta find some konis! Gonna be dropped at least 2 inches, custom sway bars, custom front and rear stabilizing braces and then something secret that I WON'T share untill it's done. But I wanna be the only one with "it" so I won't share it completely!

HUb swap is a good idea, but then speedstars get really expensive :lol:

Yeah I'm using all t-bird parts for the front end, gotta find some konis! Gonna be dropped at least 2 inches, custom sway bars, custom front and rear stabilizing braces and then something secret that I WON'T share untill it's done. But I wanna be the only one with "it" so I won't share it completely!

HUb swap is a good idea, but then speedstars get really expensive :lol:

The only thing I could think of that a drift car needs that mk8 does not is a hand E-brake. I hope thats not the secret. LOL

my dad's 89 cougar XR7 has a center pull e brake and the XR7s were offered with a 5 speed manual as an option.
don't have any idea whether or not anything from the center console will fit though.

Members online

Back