What's this for?

H

HighRule

I've searched and found nothing and I feel dumb for asking LOL.

When I looked in my manual I didn't see anything so I thought I'd ask.

pedals.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm thinking for hands-free or something like that.

:D

Yeah you got two speakers, one on each side. I'm not sure if they are tweeters but I can tell you whatever they are, they arnt very effective. Lots of guys that have gone aftermarket amp for the mids and highs don't even have them connected.

Yes, I think, it's part of the THX system? (I have a Gen I that doesn't have it).

When I had my amp and subs put in they just went in from my trunk and connected through the rear speakers so those might still be used. I don't think I've ever heard anything from them. I will be checking this out next time I get in the car lol.

I have a Gen 1, and they are used with my factory Alpine. They give a cinema like surround sound.

Yes, I think, it's part of the THX system? (I have a Gen I that doesn't have it).

That's not THX.... the thx system has a speaker in each door and two subs on the rear package tray and the navigation headunit.

My Gen 1 has the alpine, and it seems to use those speakers for the various "scenes" in DSP, like stadium, news, etc. It also seems to use them when you set the speaker settings to be front seat, or driver's seat.

Not THX. The mid grade audio systems on the LS have the center imaging speakers. They're more mid-range than tweeters.

My Gen 1 has the alpine, and it seems to use those speakers for the various "scenes" in DSP, like stadium, news, etc. It also seems to use them when you set the speaker settings to be front seat, or driver's seat.

correct. As stated, most of us simply lose them when we go aftermarket. No big deal. I rarely used the "news" or "stadium" aspect anyway. gimmick

I truly wish there was an effective way to put a strong center channel in the dash for higher front staging without hacking the look. And I am not willing to give up an ac vent to do it.

correct. As stated, most of us simply lose them when we go aftermarket. No big deal. I rarely used the "news" or "stadium" aspect anyway. gimmick

Although, the other DSP modes for sound-priority work really well. I have mine set to "driver" - makes a noticeable difference in clarity. Probably sounds like mud to passengers, but that doesn't bother me. :D

I messed around with my DSP (for "all seats", etc) and the "Hall, stadium, etc" stuff today ad I couldn't really tell a difference except for an echo sound when on "hall, stadium and church".

Those do seem useless.

Gen 1 I dont have them either anybody else feel like they dont belong there I think there kind of bulkish.

Although, the other DSP modes for sound-priority work really well. I have mine set to "driver" - makes a noticeable difference in clarity. Probably sounds like mud to passengers, but that doesn't bother me. :D

I love the sound when it's set to "Driver". Play a Cd and hit the "comp" button and things get really good.

You will have those speakers with the "premium sound" option. I am almost sure Alpine makes the premium sound units.

I was wrong, I do have them after all... just never noticed or heard them I guess. I have the Alpine 6 CD system (CD doesn't work), no subs that I know of. I only see an amp and two speakers in the trunk.

I was wrong, I do have them after all... just never noticed or heard them I guess. I have the Alpine 6 CD system (CD doesn't work), no subs that I know of. I only see an amp and two speakers in the trunk.

PSSSSST..... Those are subs. Strange but true.

Gen 1 I dont have them either anybody else feel like they dont belong there I think there kind of bulkish.

Gen 1 w/ premium sound has them.

As to the post about how to tell what you have, I **think** Gen 1 has:
Basic
tape or single CD head unit
door speakers only
Premium
Alpine 6 CD head unit
subs and imaging speakers

I don't know about Gen 2. THX and navigation mix in there somewhere.

Gen 1 w/ premium sound has them.

As to the post about how to tell what you have, I **think** Gen 1 has:
Basic
tape or single CD head unit
door speakers only
Premium
Alpine 6 CD head unit
subs and imaging speakers

I don't know about Gen 2. THX and navigation mix in there somewhere.

My Gen 1 has a 6-CD Head Unit but it isn't premium, I only have door speakers, no subs.

In the trunk under where the rear window brake light is, I have an amp and two speakers (looks kinda like a standard 6X9)... have to remove the cover in the trunk below the rear window to see them. I thought they were rear speakers, but sounds like they are considered subs. Here's a pic.

1002112005.jpg

I will check this out tomorrow. Been meaning to clean out my trunk anyways.

I have a Gen 1 with the 6-disc CD player (not sure if it is alpine or not), but I don't have the rear deck subs. Only the 4 door speakers and tweeters shown in OP

Members online

No members online now.
Back