Obama releases his long form birth certificate

04SCTLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/04/obama-releases-birth-records/1

Let's see how the birthers finally concede.

recordx-front-standard.jpg

And this is how it begins....

They'll trace down the signing doctor or attendant and that will be it.
Only crackpots and haters will dismiss that.
Looking at this I don't really see anything he wanted to hide.
Now Trump will have to talk substance.
The birther thing shrewdly got him the lead but now he has to show us his stuff.

Do we have any "birthers" the post frequently?
I don't think so.

They'll trace down the signing doctor or attendant and that will be it.
Only crackpots and haters will dismiss that.
Looking at this I don't really see anything he wanted to hide.
Now Trump will have to talk substance.
The birther thing shrewdly got him the lead but now he has to show us his stuff.

The real hardcore deniers will find another angle to approach it. Either they find a way to deny the document or the argument will shift to constitutional minutia. Most likely, the British citizenship, dual citizenship, or foreign citizenship arguments or the "natural born citizenship" as it was meant by founders. Perhaps these arguments had some validity in 2008, at this point, they're just academic debates.

MORE IMPORTANTLY-
why was this released TODAY???

As the infotainment new media gears up for the ridiculous royal wedding.
As Obama releases his birth certificate- the FEDERAL RESERVE gives a press conference and there's an announced shakeup at the CIA and the DOD!

This is misdirection. We're going to all be looking at the wrong hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any "birthers" the post frequently?
I don't think so.

Shag said that the ad in the Honolulu newspaper doesn't prove Obama was born in the US.
Frogman had or still has his doubts.

This sideshow is over.
After a few days of chewing on this release the "issue" will disappear.
I'm curious to see how many republicans will still believe Obama was not born in Hawaii( just because) and how they will try to dismiss this.

Shag said that the ad in the Honolulu newspaper doesn't prove Obama was born in the US.
A newspaper listing doesn't "prove" anything, but it would be supporting information.

I'm curious to see how many republicans will still believe Obama was not born in Hawaii( just because) and how they will try to dismiss this.
You do know that it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that initially pursued this theory, don't you? The aggressive efforts to take this issue to court were from people who had been on the Hillary campaign.

Don't make this a "republican/birther" issue.
The speculation has been truly bipartisan.

A newspaper listing doesn't "prove" anything, but it would be supporting information.

You do know that it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that initially pursued this theory, don't you? The aggressive efforts to take this issue to court were from people who had been on the Hillary campaign.

Don't make this a "republican/birther" issue.
The speculation has been truly bipartisan.

Ya that's why 47% of republicans believe Obama was foreign born.

Ya that's why 47% of republicans believe Obama was foreign born.

Actually, I think your referring to the CNN poll, and that was 41% though he probably or definitely was compared with 27% of the population. I question the validity of that poll though. If it had been "could be" or "I don't know," I bet that number would have been much higher though through all demographics.

And remember Berg V. Obama?

ADDITIONAL POINT:

Recently polling from USA TODAY this week:
Still, in the USA TODAY poll, only 38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA, and 18% say he probably was. Fifteen percent say he probably was born in another country, and 9% say he definitely was born elsewhere.

Actually, I think your referring to the CNN poll, and that was 41% though he probably or definitely was compared with 27% of the population. I question the validity of that poll though. If it had been "could be" or "I don't know," I bet that number would have been much higher though through all demographics.

And remember Berg V. Obama?

So republicans are more biased and were almost twice as likely as the general population to believe the birther story.

So republicans are more biased and were almost twice as likely as the general population to believe the birther story.

I added the recent poll in the subsequent edit.
Yesterday, US Today poll:
38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA
So, does that mean 62% of the public is biased or that 38% are sheep?

I was confident he was born in Hawaii but, had I been polled I don't know if I'd have been able to say I he was "definitely" born anywhere.

I never have taken the position that 'he was born...' anywhere. My question always has been why he expended so much effort to attempt to ignore the requests for information. It's possible that he simply has so much arrogance that he's above the 'cries of the peasants' and was too important to be bothered.

Otherwise he was trying to hide something.

KS

I never have taken the position that 'he was born...' anywhere. My question always has been why he expended so much effort to attempt to ignore the requests for information. It's possible that he simply has so much arrogance that he's above the 'cries of the peasants' and was too important to be bothered.

Otherwise he was trying to hide something.

KS

Maybe it's just that his mother was probably 17 at the time of conception and his father was 24 but the age of consent is 16 in Hawaii.

Now the focus will move to his school records but then George Bush was a C student.

Now the focus will move to his school records but then George Bush was a C student.

The "conspiracy" here will be
-how did he afford the education, who financed it, or under what terms did he receive tuition assistance.
-and how did he gain acceptance despite the acknowledged poor grades and drug problems.

-how did he afford the education, who financed it, or under what terms did he receive tuition assistance.
-and how did he gain acceptance despite the acknowledged poor grades and drug problems.

He didn't have the family connections Bush did to counter Bush's poor grades and drug and alchohol DUI problems.

I thought it understood that he used scholarships offered to foreign students. As 'Barrie Soweto' from Africa he'd have accessed such help easily. And don't forget the foreign passport to enable travel unavailable to those carrying a US passport.

KS

What difference does it make if George Bush had C's or A's? At least we know where he was born, how he paid for college and more importantly who has his allegiance. We can not clearly determine where Barry stands and how he got there furthermore George Bush getting C's gives you more hope than Barry changing his name to Barrack. Who cares about a stupid CNN/USA TODAY poll? If Barry is deemed trustworthy he will be reelected in 2012.

What difference does it make if George Bush had C's or A's? At least we know where he was born, how he paid for college and more importantly who has his allegiance. We can not clearly determine where Barry stands and how he got there furthermore George Bush getting C's gives you more hope than Barry changing his name to Barrack. Who cares about a stupid CNN/USA TODAY poll? If Barry is deemed trustworthy he will be reelected in 2012.

Yes it is up to the voters to decide about Obama come election time but till then some small petty conservatives will keep pecking away at his pedigree just because they don't like him and feel bad that he's president.
Dislike is a nourishing satisfying emotion that's hard to give up.
I disliked Bush to put it mildly and was just taking a shot at him and his pedigree.
I remember the Late governor of texas Ann Richards said George Bush was born with a silver foot in his mouth.

I do think it is amazing how Trump seems to have turned a political weapon for the Administration into a political liability for them. Other candidates for the GOP nomination should take note...

Recently polling from USA TODAY this week:
Still, in the USA TODAY poll, only 38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA, and 18% say he probably was. Fifteen percent say he probably was born in another country, and 9% say he definitely was born elsewhere.

Unless proven otherwise, it is a good rule of thumb that any poll from a news source other then Fox is biased in favor of the Liberal point of view. This has held true at least since Obama became a national figure.

I don't see any conspiracy only stupidity:
1- The president himself has said he's never ruled out affirmative action got his foot in the door of the Ivy league schools, he has also said grants paid for his education, BUT even with both of these from that point you have to EARN everything:
2- He did not have poor grades or a drug problem, he admits to have smoked pot, but he wasn't a crack addict for christs sake, and at Harvard he was was president of the law review, mere membership on the Law Review basically meant that you were one of Harvard's smartest students,He graduated Harvard magna cum laude and this by itself is an honor you unquestionably had to earn, from the Harvard website:

How are degrees summa cum laude determined?
Each May, between 4% and 5% of the graduating class will be awarded the degree summa cum laude. These students will have been recommended for highest honors by their concentrations, and will have outstanding overall records of achievement, including at least two half courses with grades of A or A- in each of the three main divisional areas (humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences). A subcommittee of the Faculty Council meets each June to look at the records of all students recommended for highest honors and determines the minimum grade point average for the summa degree for that graduating class, as well as any exceptions. As noted above, students in this pool who are not recommended for the summa degree may receive the degree magna cum laude with highest honors in their field (if their grade point average is high enough).

How are degrees magna cum laude determined?
Each May, the Faculty will recommend for the degree magna cum laude those students with the highest grade point averages who have been recommended for highest honors or high honors, and who have not already been recommended for the summa degree, so that the total number of degrees summa cum laude and magna cum laude constitute 20% of the graduating class.

FOR THE BIRTHERS: the fact is that a Republican whom was in charge of birth records in Hawaii has said she looked at the birth certificate and it is original, she checked the books that backs up documented birth certificate and its all in order, So what you are saying is this conspiracy even involves republicans to fake his birth certificate??

As for the newspaper article, it has been documented that in Hawaii when a person is born, the parents or grandparents have nothing to do with announcements, it comes directly from the hospital records to the newspapers.

As for why did he wait so long? he didn't, he introduced the only document that Hawaii issues in 2009, the certificate of live birth, but since so many morons still believe its a conspiracy, he asked for a waiver of Hawaii's law to get the LONG form certificate of live birth and since Hawaii is tired of getting questioned, they allowed a breach of law, BUT people still think its a lie and a conspiracy.

Facts are Trump is a moron and uneducated morons follow the leader

I don't see any conspiracy only stupidity:

Yes, well, when it comes to politics, you have shown on this forum an amazing ability to avoid seeing things for what they are, let alone giving much thought to what you write or the viewpoints you hold... :rolleyes:

I thought it understood that he used scholarships offered to foreign students. As 'Barrie Soweto' from Africa he'd have accessed such help easily. And don't forget the foreign passport to enable travel unavailable to those carrying a US passport.

KS
You should learn to quit believing chain emails, which is where both of these myths originated. Chain emails are almost always bullsh!t. Both the scholarship story and the visa story have been fully debunked. I'm not even going to waste my time looking them up for you.

I do think it is amazing how Trump seems to have turned a political weapon for the Administration into a political liability for them. Other candidates for the GOP nomination should take note...

The public would appear to be desperate for a political leader that is confident, unapologetic, and bold.

This is also why Chris Christie has support.

And maybe the public will come to notice Alan West.

As for why did he wait so long? he didn't, he introduced the only document that Hawaii issues in 2009, the certificate of live birth, but since so many morons still believe its a conspiracy, he asked for a waiver of Hawaii's law to get the LONG form certificate of live birth and since Hawaii is tired of getting questioned, they allowed a breach of law, BUT people still think its a lie and a conspiracy.

Facts are Trump is a moron and uneducated morons follow the leader

He created the controversy by not releasing the long form sooner.
He should have done it after he won.

I think he was worried about being portrayed as the product and pedigree of an older minority deadbeat dad who got a teenager pregnant.

Inter racial couples where much rarer in 1961.

After the election it isn't an issue that could be used against him but I'm sure there's a whispering campaign going on about the morals of his parents.

Members online

No members online now.
Back