Jag Shocks

yeah tell me about it....since i already paid $230 for 2 front euro shocks, thats the only thing keeping me from buying 2 front Bilstein Sports @ $370. I would rather buy a LSD or Torque converter....maybe my attitude will change cuz i want to get this shock debate solved.

yeah tell me about it....since i already paid $230 for 2 front euro shocks, thats the only thing keeping me from buying 2 front Bilstein Sports @ $370. I would rather buy a LSD or Torque converter....maybe my attitude will change cuz i want to get this shock debate solved.

LSD :burnout: +1

Well I have my euros siting behind me in my bedroom. So for now their going in along with the SprinTechs. But what I really want is adjustable coil overs :rolleyes:

R bilstein really better than Motorcraft ??

FWIW, I'm in process of going to Koni double-adjustable competition coil-over shocks on my '02 LS. It'll be necessary to fabricate upper mounts. I have the Konis, left over from a project from a number of years ago. See Land Speed LS in the HP section.
KS

FWIW, I'm in process of going to Koni double-adjustable competition coil-over shocks on my '02 LS. It'll be necessary to fabricate upper mounts. I have the Konis, left over from a project from a number of years ago. See Land Speed LS in the HP section.
KS

:leghumper Sweet !

R bilstein really better than Motorcraft ??

Hell yes...just google and see all the cars running them. alot of people say the Bilstein Sports are to harsh, of course they are, thats what Bilstein says they' ll do. but the "harsh-ness" comes with better handling, response, and all that other good stuff.

I was reading all of this and kept wondering all along, why not get shocks that were developed for the S-Type R, with that vehicle being the ultra performance car of the DEW98 platform?

Cause if Im not wrong they share the same chassis with different struts. So use the cheapest shock to see if they fit, then if they do get the best u can afford for the S-Type.

Dude, why dont u post ur LS to come up on next years calendar man?? urs is a sure win cause of the getrag ;) 2010 lvc calendar r all V8s.

Cause if Im not wrong they share the same chassis with different struts. So use the cheapest shock to see if they fit, then if they do get the best u can afford for the S-Type.

Dude, why dont u post ur LS to come up on next years calendar man?? urs is a sure win cause of the getrag ;) 2010 lvc calendar r all V8s.

I'm not all about calendars. And my car looks 10 years old, too. 10 winters in New England have not been kind to my car. Thanks for the idea, though. Maybe someday. :)

So what would the gains be if the jag shocks do fit on the ls with minor modifications? Are they stiffer? Is it sought out more for with use along with lowering springs?

Unless the V6s have different shocks than the V8s do, i don't think they will be any stiffer. I have test driven both the S type (V6) and the S type R. Let me put it this way, when i got out of the S type and back into the LS after the drive, i felt like stepping into a much sportier car. The S type absorbed the road bumps a lot better than the LS, much of the outside noise was isolated and it went around corners good, but not as good as the LS.
The LS also has better steering/road response.

Now, the S type R is a whole another animal. I didn't get as good of a chance as i did with the other S type to apex corners but the handling was outstanding. (i am aware that wider wheels make a difference)

Those R the wheels I want. Couldnt find them used at an affordable price yet.

I'm not all about calendars. And my car looks 10 years old, too. 10 winters in New England have not been kind to my car. Thanks for the idea, though. Maybe someday. :)

At least looks clean. Maybe some Photoshop n ur good.

Unless the V6s have different shocks than the V8s do, i don't think they will be any stiffer. I have test driven both the S type (V6) and the S type R. Let me put it this way, when i got out of the S type and back into the LS after the drive, i felt like stepping into a much sportier car. The S type absorbed the road bumps a lot better than the LS, much of the outside noise was isolated and it went around corners good, but not as good as the LS.
The LS also has better steering/road response.

Now, the S type R is a whole another animal. I didn't get as good of a chance as i did with the other S type to apex corners but the handling was outstanding. (i am aware that wider wheels make a difference)

Not that most of the posts here aren't useful, but this one is for bloody sure. I'm with the Jag Type R train of thought....I want this mushy/spongy/cruiser suspension outta there too.

Any thoughts on starting an interest thread for an LS application coil over set? Some places might consider making them if we could drum up a list of interested owners that would commit. It would take someone in the trades that would know the most effective company to approach. I'd commit, that's for dam sure.

Not that most of the posts here aren't useful, but this one is for bloody sure. I'm with the Jag Type R train of thought....I want this mushy/spongy/cruiser suspension outta there too.

Any thoughts on starting an interest thread for an LS application coil over set? Some places might consider making them if we could drum up a list of interested owners that would commit. It would take someone in the trades that would know the most effective company to approach. I'd commit, that's for dam sure.

+1. Coil overs. Forget bilstein, for that get Euro shocks for a way less headache. Now for direct fit coil overs is a different thing.

What happen with Bilstein? They looked the same?

Well, thank you.

I love road racing more than anything. Therefore, i like driving cars that can carve corners. My take on the LS? I am personally pretty happy with the way it handles (its all stock). I think it has great weight distribution and is overall balanced out well, where it rides comfortable and will go exactly into the direction you point that steering wheel to (at higher speeds). I have pushed the car into corners hard and it even surprised me quite a few times. Just felt like it was part of me.

Don't get me wrong, i would be more than happy to have the STR's handling in the LS. The coil overs might be too much of a trouble to go through though. If any of those vendors are willing to make them for the LS, that would be great then.

yep still no reply back from that Bilstein rep.

i dont know what 2 do with my old stock shocks...i heard someone wanted measurements so they could mock up something...i'll send them 2 you. I' ll send the Jag shock 2 someone if they want to experiment with it.

I've been looking (not very hard) for someone local who has a used(?) sample front shock to take measurements from. I intend to build upper mounts that'll make it possible to install competition double-adjustable Konis to my '02. I have the shocks and the lower mount will work fine with proper bushings. The plan is to do away with the stock springs and use the coil-over lay-out. The upper mount will bolt into the existing upper mount holes and take up the space now occupied by the spring and shaft extension. Koni competition coil-overs are kinda expensive, but they're the best there is. And because they're rebuildable they'll last the life of the car! Now, where are you? Please call at 734 306 6362 or PM
KS

it even surprised me quite a few times.

The coil overs might be too much of a trouble to go through though.

Thats why i wanna keep n build mine. Bout coil overs, i think they r still worthy, specially if ur planning on adding power to your engine.

i dont know what 2 do with my old stock shocks...i heard someone wanted measurements so they could mock up something...i'll send them 2 you. I' ll send the Jag shock 2 someone if they want to experiment with it.

I think all we need to learn from the Jag shocks is whether they fit or not, if not then how to. Once we can fit them in, test them, push the car as much as possible to see how they perform. After that, go Jag coil overs :rolleyes:

they're rebuildable

Way to go.

Just a thought, Ive found once (and posted a link here somewhere) of upper adjustable mounts supposedly for the LS. They may help.

it just hit me! why not just buy the S Type lower control arm!!!

their so cheap on ebay. they look the same as the LS's arm but i wont know until i have the part in hand...and i couldnt cross reference part numbers online cuz i couldnt find a good site...so just waitin till the part comes in the mail then i'll throw it on the LS with the SType shock and see if she has play or not.

it just hit me! why not just buy the S Type lower control arm!!!

their so cheap on ebay. they look the same as the LS's arm but i wont know until i have the part in hand...and i couldnt cross reference part numbers online cuz i couldnt find a good site...so just waitin till the part comes in the mail then i'll throw it on the LS with the SType shock and see if she has play or not.

Now you might be on to something.

If I didn't have a small crowd of cars to maintain I'd try to get more involved here. I will however, get involved if a solution is found. Kudos to you guys.

Hello, remember me?
Well the Jag S Type V8 lower control arm came in today.
Here's pics with the Monroe SType shock on the SType lower control arm...
Shock fits nice N snug. Dont know if the SType lower control arm will fit the LS, i will see this weekend. From pics the LS lower control arm doesn't look different from the Jag. My conclusion at the moment is that just buy the Bilstein Sport shocks from the SType then use washers on the lower shock mount to get the fitment tight on the LS.

DSCN5253.JPG

DSCN5254.JPG

DSCN5255.JPG

DSCN5256.JPG

DSCN5257.JPG

DSCN5258.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back