Well everyone, the enebitable has happened.... BLEW the motor.

camthman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well..... lets see. Where to begin. About an hour ago I was driving down a nice open road. I hit about 2-3lbs of boost, and bammmmmm! CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK. Sounds like I threw a rod. Its a little depressing to think that I just invested soooooo much money into the turbo setup and then this. BUT, I guess you pay hard to play hard. I'm really surprised it happened actually. I had NOO detonation, I heard no pinging. I wasn't even into boost all that much. looks like I might need camerfe's help with a rebuild.....

Anyone want to buy a turbo setup??? :D

I'm sorry to hear that. You do plan on rebuild or a new motor right? Why sell your turbo setup? Like you said you've already invested the money. See what you can do about stronger internals and you should be good, maybe better.

Wow. I'm impressed at you being so calm. Me? I'd be PISSED. Hope you rebuild her and keep your turbo.

Sorry to hear! That link above is a pretty good find. If thats too much, you can probably get a rebuild for $2k (and they take yours).
I had my original engine let go (before nitrous) at around 50k miles. They said it was a spun bearing but it sounded like a bag of rocks floating around inside the engine. I was flying around some exit ramps and had noise when I got on a side street. My only thought was that it got oil starved (even though the level was fine) during heavy cornering. Be sure to keep the level on the top hash marks of the dipstick!
Did your engine break under throttle? Did you limp home or get a tow? I was able to drive mine to the dealer.

I call BS. Cam you got to be just screwing with us.

Cam if this is true I would have a talk with your tuner if I were you. Unless you told them to push the tune to the edge there is no reason why your engine should have let go so soon.

i hope your joking....

if not, sorry buddy. I was hoping this mod would work for ya. I wouldnt sell off everything yet. Go for the rebuild and make it sick. Keep us posted.

If it blew this quick then it was either because his motor was already tired...which I kind of doubt. Or it was because the tune was hotter than the engine could take.

Yeah... Ill give you guys more updates once I find what it is. Looks like its going in storage for awhile though.

I thought it was BS from the title.... enebitable?!? Come on, thats not even close...

LOLOL...cause were all english/grammer teachers here obv...

hahaha sorry, I can tolerate a few misspelled words, but when it's not even close, I gotta say something.. Besides, what's wrong with proper grammer/spelling.

And sorry to hear about the motor, it's been said, but I would be having some major talks with the shop that tuned it right now..

hahaha sorry, I can tolerate a few misspelled words, but when it's not even close, I gotta say something.. Besides, what's wrong with proper grammer/spelling.

And sorry to hear about the motor, it's been said, but I would be having some major talks with the shop that tuned it right now..

You guys don't seem to understand.... its not because of the tune. I was NOT under boost when this happened. NO detonation. IF it would have destroyed a piston or something thats one thing. But it def sounds like either a bearing or a rod.

SH*T happens. Trust me I'm not happy. After spending more than 6 grand on a turbo setup, the last thing I want to do it put in a 10 grand motor.

How ironic is this post? You didn't even spell "grammar" correctly when that's what you're "saying something" about. LMAO!

Sorry to hear the bad news Cam.

If this is for real, WOW is about all I can say. I am starting to gather parts for a rear mount setup on my first gen LS but I may wait a bit after hearing this. I wonder what happened??? Please tell me this is a joke. :eek:

Why do people think this is a joke?? Honestly, other people have successfully done the turbo. It was just a mishap. Dont let this worry you.

Damn man. This is bad. I have been thinking that it seemed is if your setup went in quick and man...

Sorry to hear about it dude. After all that work I hope you plan on doing something to rebuild or drop in a new motor.

Members online

Back