Ls Mufflers

ONI AMATSU

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello gentleman, I am the proud owner of my second LS. It is an 01 (sport), my question is what muuflers are sum of you running? (not a kit just mufflers) Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla, custom. I have the ability to make and weld my own pipes. Just want to know the type you guys run. Oh plus part numbers if you have any.

Magnaflows, all custom done. Do a search for "mufflers" in the other LS section and you'll find tons of stuff. Also search YouTube - a lot of us put up videos of our cars.

Welcome aboard. :Beer

I got magnaflows but I got mine in a kit. The guys that did mine wanted me to go with something else and they were really pushing the Borla kit on me but the KIT itself ( as we later found out ) is discontinued. If you have the option to make a complete system from scratch on your own you might wanna try out something different but I will admit I am very pleased with my Magnaflows. Its more or less these and the Flow masters but it really as you know only comes down to different sound.

I just thought I would chime in on this one, I just got mine so Im pretty happy right now with something new.

I was just wondering if anyone has used the x pansion brand from Lincoln Motorsports on an LS 8. I saw that they are for the LSC, but I just might want to try something new like DONEITRIGHT said.

Ask LMS about them. Im sure they would help, I bet they would be damn cool!

I got Flowmasters on my 2000 Ls i just love the sound, specially when i start the engine....

Flowmaster 40 series weld ins is what I have on it now and it sounds great. I wish I could weld so I could make my own cat back but I know someone one does that is about to make me a cat back using my muffles for $300. Plus I am going to get him to install a X pipe and cut out the resonators(but leave the cats). Should sound really mean then....X pipe is the way to go on a 4 valve

i have flowmasters 40 series delta mufflers with removed resonators on my 00' ls8. my car sounds good at low rpms. when i get above about ~3k rpm, it gets kinda raspy and higher pitched with a "na na na na na" sound. kinda like a riced out muffler on a honda. i really dont like it and would like to know what i should do to fix it...

Hopefully as soon as my wifes treatments and schedule settles down I will be contacting you and I will be running a Garrett exhaust as well. But for now don't be braggin :D

yeah, those garrett mufflers are kinda pricey:D :D :D but the sound is unique, so i hear.

Turbo Tubes Baby!!!!

I posted this yesterday, but Walker Turbo Tubes gave my 5.0 Mustang a real deep rumble. Problem is they are extremely hard to find, and only come as weld ins. I know of a place here in Northern Indiana who still has some in stock, or search ebay. The shop that has them is in Logansport , Indiana.

Just to throw in some variety, the Mina exhaust listed for the V8 S type Jag works fine, and though it doesn't leave the tips flush with the rear bodywork, they are of the highest workmanship and sound wonderful without being a level of 'loud' that would be unsuitable for an LS.

cnv0605jn4.jpg

cnv0606ji5.jpg

cnv0607px6.jpg

when i get above about ~3k rpm, it gets kinda raspy and higher pitched with a "na na na na na" sound. kinda like a riced out muffler on a honda. i really dont like it and would like to know what i should do to fix it...

anyone??

i'm hacking mine off...probably friday...just gonna cut them off right behind the resonators...dont fret...i'll be getting some form of exhaust soon...x pipe, cats, O2 sensors, bigger tubes, flowmaster 44's(if they'll fit), and turndowns at the differential...hehehe...

or should i just use the stock pipes since its going to be shorter to retain backpressure?...

i was thinking 2 1/4 inch pipes...2?...2 1/2?...

i guess us IInd gen. ls owner are sol.. do we have any real options besides a complete custum job?

i want flowmasters, what are the exact measurements meaning inlet and outlet and pipe size so when i order mines? does anyone know

whats the difference between the gray and the black flowmasters?

Members online

No members online now.
Back