im getting in great shape cause my lincoln keeps making me walk

D

discuni

anyway, my first attempt at water pump, 2000 LS 3.9 any tips would be great, ive done timing chain tensioner, valve cover gasket, starter(that was a fun one) , hub bearing assembly. I'm ready for another challenge, thanks forum members

The water pump is really easy. Loosen pulley bolts, THEN take off belt. Remove pulley. Remove bolts (5?). Install new one. No sealers needed on a new gasket. Loosely install pulley. Install belt. Tighten down pulley bolts. Thirty minutes, max.
Only problem is the water pump is seldom the cause of any issues. A bad squeal from the pump, or a leak out the shaft are signs to replace the pump. Otherwise, it's a pretty reliable part. They squeal when the seals or bearings go bad, not really a major or alarming sound.

On my car, there WILL be three things wrong with the car at all times. If I fix one thing, something else promptly breaks and I mean within a day or two. If I don't fix the three things, nothing else ever breaks. At the moment I have three things broken that affect nothing, and I'm fixing nothing. Been like this for a year.

Members online

Back