My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

Thank you kindly for that great essay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Meanwhile, this is for you:

... and this one is for you,

finger.jpg

mlara,

What do you think, sounds not to bad huh ?

I love it.

weren't able to tuck the pipes up high enough for running the tips more up in the rear bumper.

didn't seem to be enough room before it started to bump into, what looked to me,
like the honeycomb impact bumper housing.

Do you know if on the Gen I, it was meant to sit higher up ?

the tips also stick out too far, I plan to go back and have them shortened.

Should post more clips BigRig, take advantage of those long open roads. Set the cam down and drive by into the distance. Interested to hear the sound from the outside a little more. Minus the rap music too ;)

Is this going to be our "kiss & make up" session ?

on a more pleasant note:

yes I could and would but allow me to first fix my slight misfire.
kinda defeats the point when it hits the misfire while me trying to impress you with an exhaust tone vid.

I'm on the "need COP & Plugs" page.

I chose a set of Pype's for mine, similiar perf tube construction if memory serves, similiar dimensions so I was surprised at how much louder / raspier his sounds.

I'll take a slice of pizza if it has pepperoni on it.

Ranchero50,

I was on the fence for a bit about resonator delete,
was worried it would be too loud.

I was surprised actually, I thought it would be much louder.
I think it's just right, not too loud, not too quite.

Hoping to revisit this later and see why it couldn't sit up higher and more
bumper cut out, plus decrease the tip size and tuck them in more.

I honestly like how you did all your own exhaust welding work.
wish I could pull something like that off.

I had plenty of room... I cut back the front pipe on the muffler and kept it close to the wheel well. The rear of my muffler is 12" from the bottom outside edge of the bumper. When I installed them I just sat the muffler on two jack stands and shoved a 1x4 board up beside it for clearance. I also kept the front edge more inboard vs. the back so I would have less of a bend on the connecting pipe.

I have a 8-10" tailpipe coming out of the muffler that the tips are sitting on. I chose to have my tips stick out a bit so I can see them when I stand a foot away from the bumper. They only stick out about 3/4" from the bottom edge of the bumper.

Resonated Bassani Exhaust

Compiled some clips of my exhaust sound from inside the cabin. Iphone quality so not as good as a camera would be. I will get some real videos eventually :rolleyes:

Videos don't do the sound justice. You have to hear it in person. You may need some good quality speakers or headphones to appreciate the sound from these videos. Last video is on the night after Sandy, before the gas chaos lol No lights on the streets...

oh, let me know if you can hear the sucking/whistling of the intake.

Hope you enjoy:
03 LS V8 w/ resonated Bassani exhaust - YouTube

Oh yeah sounds great for sure mlara, similar like mine. nice deep sound.
even nicer when you open her up a bit. just screams.

I've had lots of compliments on the sound of the Bassani's.

I still am running without the resonator inline, can you tell my why you decided to put yours back in ?

mlara ? why resonator back inline ?

Hey sorry completely forgot to respond.

First of, just to be clear, i didn't put the STOCK resonators back on...I put some aftermarket resonators in there. Aero AR25's to be exact.

I decided to do so because i was not happy with the drone and raspyness i was getting after i installed hi-flow catalytic converters. I'm sure that if i had stock Cats i would have left my exhaust unresonated.

P.S. i'm working on those pictures right now...still interested?

yup, still interested.

sounds good with respect to the resonators gone back in.
I like the sound of them actually, specially under WOT.

I might need new CATS as well, would be spring time though, almost going into storage. LS was FROSTY this morning. windows gets stuck in the mornings now, but I know better then to force them open.

EDIT: I gotta get some sleep, I'll catch you tomorrow.

Sounds nice. I'll be sure to post up a video here of the before and after with

-straight pipes to bassani mufflers
-2 aero resonators, bassani muffers
-1 cat, 2 aero resonators, bassani mufflers

and soon to be
- 1 hi-flo cat, 2 aero resonators, bassani mufflers

yeah, nice Bassani Vid btw mlara, I'm currently uploading a sick clip as well.

Well, you guys inspired me so I went out and took a quick video of my exhaust. Here ya go;

I feel like my exhaust is a lot more subdued than a lot of yours, and I'm guessing thats the resonators. Also, the mic on my camera seems to be really directional or something. I swear its louder than that in the cabin. Idk...

Edit: Yeah idk, that video came out ****ty, everything right near my camera is loud but the exhaust is really quiet, Ill have to figure that out

'06 Lincoln LS Bassani Exhaust - YouTube

More Bassani goodness, Sounds great Stops, nothing wrong with that. nice upshift there.

I need to get a new bumper, and redo my exhaust with these basanis!

Thanks man. Yeah idk it just sounds weird to me but I tend to over criticize my sh*t lol

I feel that dude, my bumper looks like HELL

You can get it refinished. But mines already been refinished and my tip cut outs were partially melted. That can't be fixed so I need a new one.

Thanks man. Yeah idk it just sounds weird to me but I tend to over criticize my sh*t lol

yeah, I agree it sounds a little different but still very nice rumble if you ask me, a bit of a rattle popping kind of. I like it. sounds deep and I bet on WOT she screams.

Maybe if you ever decide to redo it, you could go no resonator and 2.5 piping.

I'm having mine redone next spring and not again by the last guy.
Just need mine to sit up higher, more cut out and the tips are too low and too big. (shiny though)

yeah, I agree it sounds a little different but still very nice rumble if you ask me, a bit of a rattle popping kind of. I like it. sounds deep and I bet on WOT she screams.

Maybe if you ever decide to redo it, you could go no resonator and 2.5 piping.

I'm having mine redone next spring and not again by the last guy.
Just need mine to sit up higher, more cut out and the tips are too low and too big. (shiny though)

Yeah if I ever get it redone It'll be X piped 2.5" for sure. Yeah I like the volume because I can always hear the exhaust a little bit but under WOT its pretty loud. I've never heard it outside my car but my friends have told me there is NO reason to take off the resonators so maybe just some aftermarket ones or something if I do that

You can get it refinished. But mines already been refinished and my tip cut outs were partially melted. That can't be fixed so I need a new one.

Oh, I meant front bumper, but yeah thats my plan. Need to call around and see how much that would cost. Hoping its only like $200 but I'm probably being unrealistic

Is it not loading for you folks or did the cat get the tongues ?

Come on ... some feedback would be nice, make my day !

Lol I left the feedback on the youtube page!

Edit: wtf? It isnt there now...
Edit 2: My comments are waiting approval apparently? Not sure what the hell that is about

Members online

No members online now.
Back